Calico Strains Calf at Minicamp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Im not saying Calico is a great receiver or that he will even make the roster what I am saying is that the guys had a couple of serious injuries over the last couple of years, this is a make or break year for him without a doubt but its amazing that a calf injury in an early June OTA is reason to throw the guy in the river. I for one will give the guy a chance and hope he becomes the player we all thought he would be. Why arent we all over Bennet, Schobel, LaBoy and others that have missed a lot of time with various injuries. Lets hope they all stay healthy this year and understand injuries are part of the game.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Oh... I thought you were talking about the Lion receiver. He's produced despite injury. 2004 in Dallas, eh? That was the game where Brown had that sweet TD run.
    I do remember another game. It was in Texas Stadium and Steve McNair was hurled into an equipment locker. (2002) ... It's time to sting the 'Boys. Payback is a :banned:

Calico was hurt in preseason... what a shame.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/04/08/56671244.shtml?Element_ID=56671244

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

i could deal with roy williams getting hurt and never being the same. you don't wish hurtin on anybody, but this guy is breaking the rules, not only professional but personal (ask Musa Smith), and the league can live without his Chuck Bednarik impersonations

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

yah the Chris Brown TD run where we owned that loser roy williams...how embarassing for that S.O.B.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

what about Musa Smith?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Dexter Coakley was the cowpuke who threw McNair into an equiptment cart 15-20 feet OOB. No flag on the play and the Titan D did nothing at all in response. Should have unnecessiarly roughed the puke QB whoever he was (Hutchinson I think)

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJJZyoHAhLk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJJZyoHAhLk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Pretty Sweet....if he gets back to to 100%....then he will be awesome...just we have to be patient

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

not for the faint of heart...

[​IMG]

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Here's my current take on "no go" Calico:

He knows he sucks and can't catch a cold. If he keeps up his injuries he gets a pass during his "contract year" performance and JUST MAYBE he can land a 1-2 mill/yr 3 year deal with another team dumb enough to bite.:winker:

The guy HAS DROPPED UNCOVERED PASSES HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Calico shows them anything positive and is healthy the Titans will probably give him a shot. Why? Because he has the tools (minus the hands) to be an uncoverable WR. He's 6'4, 220lbs and has legit 4.3 speed. That is a tough package to cut...even with mediocre hands.

Plus, he was a 2nd rd pick (who the Titans considered taking in the FIRST RD) and they aren't likely to give up on him so quickly since he's had a long road back from surgery.

As a fan, he's not even worth talking about until we see if he stays on the roster. A HEALTHY Calico could be a DANGEROUS 3rd or 4th WR with the key word being could. But his injuries and play on the field will have a lot to do with whether he stays or goes.

BTW, the next time a prospect comes out with awesome measureables but a bad case of the dropsies, Floyd should not dismiss the game film by shooting a 100 footballs at him while he's standing still on a practice field!!!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar