Calico Still Hampered with Injury and Inconsistency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That sounds more real. Huge disappointment.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Because of injuries Calico has been a disappointment but remember last year he was coming off two knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if Wade, Roby or Williams grab the 3rd spot over Calico but Calico is still our biggest and fastest WR. If he can elevate his game I like the idea of him lining up in 3 WR sets.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im really starting to believe he wont make it out of camp if he doesnt have a strong preseason.

4. Riverman

I like the idea of lining Troupe up better. Remember that before, during and after Calico's injury (ies) HE HAS TROUBLE BRINGING THE BALL IN! He has lame hands and that hasn't gotten any better over the past 3 years.

I've got a Calico jersey so don't get me wrong- I'd love to see him come on strong. But after 3 disappointing years despite injury, I just don't see him as NFL material- he can't catch balls at the NFL level.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And a hamper is no place to be.

I think the experiment is over. However, Volek is a good qb for Calico. He throws a better ball. So I won't give up until after this year as I thought McNair was losing it a little, and Volek may be able to step it up a bit.

6. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

I mean no disrespect to him, but I don't think Calico has the temperament to be an NFL receiver. If he ever did have it, it went away with the knee injuries.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Okay...plain and simple, hes makes the team this year and based on his performance this season, he either gets resigned or we let him go....thats whats going to happen no doubt

8. Riverman

Straight from today's PM practice summary in the Tennessean:

"During a seven-on-seven passing drill, rookie CB Keon Raymond took a ball away from WR Tyrone Calico in a matchup of former Middle Tennessee State players."

9. smili

smili Starter

Sound real bad for Calico. I keep flashing back to how good he looked in the preseason just before the Roy Williams horsecollar... Calico was looking like the real deal... Whatever he had sounds like it may never come back.

10. Nash

Nash Starter

Unfortunately for Calico, he has no consistency... if you've got 3rd and 7 and you have to have a first down to win the game, who would you throw it to: 1) Givens, 2)Bennett, 3) Wade, 4) Troupe, 5)Scaiffe, 6) Guenther, 7)Williams,8)Brown, 19) White, 10) Roby 11) Hall, 12) Kinney or 13)Calico...if we don't trust him to make the catch do you think he has earned Volek's trust or more importantly Fisher's ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar