Calico- In or Out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Aug 9, 2006.

?

Will Calico Be on the Roster Week 1?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2006.
  1. Yes, once the preseason games start, he'll start making catches.

7.3%
  2. Yes, the titans don't cut high draft picks.

26.8%
  3. No, he's had long enough, and isn't showing enough.

65.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He definately needs to impress in pre-season. He is on the outside looking in IMO.

3. H Man

H Man Guest

Kinda hard to answer the poll at this point. It would be speculation. I'll wait for a few preseason games first. ;)

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Gone, unless he makes some serious YAC or TD's.

5. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

He (Calico) might not have a few pre-season games left.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

From the implied tone of Fisher, he will have to be superman in the preseason games to make the roster.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it doesn't look good :hmm:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There have been a lot of things in the last few days, I almost wonder if he won't last the initial cut. That's after the second game, right?

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Even if he caught every ball thrown to him I do not see him making it. He is so low in the depth chart he will not play until the 4th if he even sees the field.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

With Jones trying to come back it doesn't look good.
    With Bennett and Givens as the starters, the three 2nd year guys and Wade we would have 6 WRs without Calico. I still think if he shows anything we need to PUP Jones to give him more time to get back to 100% and then after the 6th week they can make a decision. Good chance someone gets hurt which would keep a roster spot open as well. You hate to just cut a 2nd round pick.

Another problem for Calico is he doesn't play STs. Hard to justify a 5th or 6th WR on the roster who doesn't play STs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar