Caleb Farley has herniated disk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Nov 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yeah, coaching gets too much credit/takes too much criticism sometimes. Ultimately, the players on the field play the game and win or lose. Unless the coach does some really stupid stuff and puts the team in no position to succeed (looking at you, Downing.)

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe some but not most. I remember discussing a lot about why you’d trade so much draft capital for a 4 yr OL.

3. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I don't agree with this. We're talking evaluating human beings here. And "talent" is only one (major) part of the evaluation process. There are a lot of people with natural talent who never make it in the NFL or other major leagues and others with less talent who manage to make a nice career out of it due to other factors like work ethic, durability and occasionally a bit of luck.

I'm "old enough to remember" Tennessee Vols fans just a short time back not being sold on Jalen Hurts as a good QB. He seems to be doing ok now.

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I ain't sure we couldn't afford him, think the decision was he's coming off of injury, and we decided to pay big for the "Clown Car" and "Beasless"

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Imagine how good this team would be if the 2020 and 2021 1st rounders weren't colossal busts.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Panda was just a ridiculous kick in the balls...

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

How the savings was spent is certainly open for debate, but had they signed Conklin, there would have been zero effort into the DL.
    Hindsight says that would have been better than clowney/Beasley.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I still have faith Farley will come into his own and be solid. Plenty of players didn’t blossom until later in their careers. Adam Theilen, James Harrison and Kurt Warner were all practice squad guys for years.

9. Shane Grimes

Shane Grimes Starter

He's literally taking players off the Jags practice squad, who have been in the league for years and they are suddenly playing like all-pros.

I'm not convinced that is down to JRob.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

All UDFA's not a first round pick at a position we saw as a need at the time

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar