Caleb Farley has herniated disk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Nov 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Imagine picking 2 players in the 1st round, back to back, that contribute zero to the team, and could be 3 in a row if Burks doesn’t step up. JRob has to go.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

It's doable. First team I looked at. By the "no second contract" metric, Chandler Jones was a bad pick. I'm basing the no picks as losses, but it really depends on who they traded for. Given that they've made some crappy trades (i.e. Mohamed Sanu), I'm going with busts.

This would be fun do with with different teams and calculate hull hit vs bust rates.

upload_2022-11-15_0-12-56.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Facts fans don't want to accept:
    1. You can be a good first-round pick even if you're not a pro bowler.
    2. You can be a good first-round pick even if you don't get a second contract with original team.
    3. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than first-round draft picks.
    4. There is a lot more to a GM's job and team's success than just the draft.
    5. No GM or team is perfect in the draft.
    6. No GM or team is perfect in free agency.
    7. Although not perfect, JRob has been good overall in the draft and phenomenal with late-round picks and free agents.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Really didn't get them passing up Darrisaw after he fell into their lap for Farley. Jrob really has blown some of these obvious picks. Sure would be nice to plug Darrisaw into Dennis Daley's spot right now...

Alex Leatherwood was still the goofiest pick of that draft though lmao

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

What a delusional homer

6. kstone

kstone Starter

JRob just loves those high risk high reward picks. Farley did play great that season for VT they had the tape on. Just injuries have killed the young man. I'm not going to knock on him because he's not getting hurt in purpose. Just don't take him in the first round.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. kstone

kstone Starter

I understand your list but you really can't put a x on Derrick Morgan. He was not flashy but he played 9 years and had 44.5 sacks. That's not a miss.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

played 9 years and got right at a SAC a month... THAT right there is a bit of a problem

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He's utterly forgettable

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If you let your 1st rounder leave after rookie contract that is a bust pick, don't care what they do on other teams..the point is they aren't here..you don't spend first pick being satisfied with 3 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar