Caffeine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I normally drink a coffee and some soda every day, I don't really have a problem without it though. Trying to go a day without smoking is a different story.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

TE, I am going to surprise you here I think. They only problem I have with legalization is that there is currently no immediate test for being stoned. Follow me here, now if you drink too much and decide to be an idiot and get behind the wheel the police can do a immediate test and tell whether or not you are driving while intoxicated. With pot there currently is no test that can give that immediate result. Now assuming a test can be made and proven to be accurate I have no problem in theory. Of course then you have to start dealing with the questions of whether or not you want your Doctor, school bus driver, Airline pilot, Stockbroker, ect to be stoners. I only know this, if and when it happens more people when be casual users, those that already use will increase its consumption, and while this may be fine for the individual I can't see it being good for our society to have produced even more dead beat losers with shortened memory spans. Oh, I also know I would immediately go by more Domino's, Papa Johns, and I guess Burger King stock(now that they are considering delivery) since the only thing stoners can seem to remember is the phone number for take out.:D

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Of course there is... Cops in North Carolina wave a bag of Funyuns just out of your reach.

I'm not worried that a stoned pilot would crash a plane; I'd be worried that he'd land in the wrong city. I'm also not too worried about the surgeon as long as I write NOT THIS LEG!! in bold MagicMarker...I'll give you the stockbroker though: "BUY!!... no, SELL!... No... wait, what?..."

ABout the caffeine; I don't know if I'm addicted to it or not. I know that I WON'T start the day without coffee... I crave the taste of three cups of warm, comfy goodness when I wake up...but aside from that I don't care. I drink one root beer per day and it's caffeine-free. I guess I should actually try switching to decaf and see if I wind up jailed for an act of violence against my superiors.... that should be a good indicator.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Big Ups! You just got immortalized on my FB page...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

try alternating a glass of water every other urge, keep this up for a few days
    moderation is key, don't binge and purge ... unless you enjoy withdraws and mood swings
    after a few days you can knock out your first fix and your last
    a few days after that , you won't even notice your not ingesting caffeine
    it's amazing how much better the body feels when it's properly oxygenated
    once i gave up sodas in the morning (usually Dew/ Coke / RedBull, etc..) I found it easier to actually get up and get going
    the wife drinks 2 cups every morning and it takes her 30 minutes to get in gear and if she somehow misses the morning cup(s) ....... fugedaboutit
    coffee is the first thing that has to go

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ water is a great thing.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I will give you props. I most definitely never thought I would hear you say anything like this. I personally do not, and would not want *anyone* smoking weed while working etc. Not because it may hinder them, just because it isn't very professional- "lol this incision I cut in ur chest to fix your heart looks like a vag"

There IS a place for a war on drugs. But not for weed. So much money is lost trying to find/destroy it. So many lives are lost trying to find/destroy/smuggle/sell it.
    Me, if I am running a nation with a 15 trillion national debt- I legalize weed ASAP and set a similar tax to it that tobacco has. Let the potheads help save America... one bag of funyuns at a time.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sans the airline pilot who would be tested regularly is there any evidence the others aren't already?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I know of no jobs, other than elected, that dont require a pee test before being hired.

I know of very few jobs that test after being hired.

This is why the wizzinator was invented. 1 clean pee sample and your set for your current employer

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I pity any school bus driver not smoking weed.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar