C. Woodson wants to be Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AFC46, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

actually, tank costs 0 against the cap. after march 3rd he's an UFA.

2. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I think there are still too many UT fans who are also Titans fans who don't like Woodson because of the Heisman deal that there would be a lot of people very unhappy about him being on the team. I just don't see it happening.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I love UT and I don't like Woodson because he is notorious for not putting any effort forth after he collects his paycheck. On top of that, he is not a top player any more... not even close. I think the vet min is appropriate here, but knowing Woodson, he would never consider that. Also, it might be a bit late in his career to have him change positions. He has no experience playing safety as far as I know.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats the problem, our safties played like they were set in stone. Actually there is a good chance Williams isn't back because he is an UFA and there is a good chance Thompson gets cut because he is more expensive than his ability. Woodson would not be a good addition because we already have Woolfolk at NB and a more pure FS in Fuller. Woodson would not be worth the $$ and it would be better spent on a true SS or a LB.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When did Woodson last play a full 16 games?

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I'm sure Floyd Reese would be very concerned about what Peyton Manning fans think about Woodson :rolleyes:

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

That is where I am pointing to. I would not Have a problem with that at all.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This may surprise many of you but there was a time when I was upset that Manning did not win that Hiesman (sp?) Trophy... Funny how a pro football team relocating to Nashville can change one's outlook so drastically.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

I dont think there is a way that Reese lets both of the S go in the same offseason. Fuller and Williams back there would be good, Williams is more suited for blitzing and playing close to the line to play the run

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually it depends on what is out there in FA and how much Tank expects. Williams was the SS last year and didn't do well at all (he played were he was "suited"). He came on later in the season but we may still be better off finding a different player via the draft or FA. Remember, Tank was a 2nd round pick who was anointed with the starting job from day one. It could happen again if we get the right guy in the draft.
    As for Thompson, unless they want to move him to SS thinking he could be better there they could easily cut him if they feel confident Fuller is the better answer. Why pay Thompson if Fuller is going to start anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar