C. Woodson wants to be Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AFC46, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

Finally someone who agrees with me. YES!!!!

2. maximus

maximus Starter

The coaches are high on Fuller and there will be competition between Lamount and Fuller(if Lamount makes it to training camp). As for SS, Tank will be there to play SS, with Nickey or another player there to back Tank up.
    Tank is not a cover 2/zone S, he is better when he plays more up near the line. Sure Tank got "beat like a drum" but you mean to tell me that Lamount didnt.
    Tank will stay most likely, his cap hit isnt that Large, but Lamounts cap hit is pretty big considering his lack of quality production.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wonder if there is any chance the Bills cut Lawyer Milloy. I'd add him to the secondary in a heartbeat, though I think they'd be foolish to cut him.

4. jdee

jdee Guest

I would be ok with it, we need some veterans.

Jdee

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

Ok I can see where you are coming. Fuller wasn't that bad up until he got injured. Plus we don't even know if Woodson is even interested in here for sure. But hey we have to have these discussions during the offseason because right now nothing else is better.

6. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Ha wait Woodson is a corner right? All this safety talk is getting me confused.

And would he convert to safety? And if so would he be worth it... dont think hes the most physical guy

7. AFC46

AFC46 Guest

Well if he were to become a Titan I would prefer for him to be a FS it would look something like this.

FS C. Woodson
    SS T. Williams
    CB P. Jones
    CB R. Hill
    NB A. Wollfolk

I think that would be a nice group!

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

No you are right he is a corner. And about your physical question, FS is the lesser of the physical safety he is the more cover one. The reason lately our FS position has been phsical is because Lance and then Lamont. Physicality is always a plus but we need a safety that could cover and that is what Woodson could bring.

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

Either way we hust a swap at one of the safety position. That looks like a fine group right there.

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I know fs is less physical but if we got rid one safety Tank would be the logical choice since he is a free agent and LT has like 4yrs left on his contract. If you're thinking move LT to strong and then Woodson to free i see where your going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar