C. Woodson wants to be Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AFC46, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFC46

AFC46 Guest

Jim Rome show today says C. Woodson wants to play in Tennessee. apparently he and K. Bulluck became buddies at the pro bowl a few years ago. Would this the veteran CB we've been thinking about? Would he be a good fot for FS?

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

If he could stay healthy throughout a season I would have no problem having him on the team. Now I am only saying this b/c of what you have said.

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

We're rebuilding anyways I say stick with our young corners... Woodson would only take away experience from one of them

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

if he's healthy and doesn't want loads of money, im all for it...

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

No we wouldn't. Tank is on his way out. Pacman and Hill start still. And with the way Lamont plays the game as a hard hitter he can play strong safety and Woodson could play FS. Of coarse this is just speculation on him coming here so either way we will know soon enough.

6. tyrant539

tyrant539 Guest

I say we cut one of our safeties(Lamont) and bring in Woodson. We can
    draft an athletic fast coverage safety or corner in the mid rounds(try to get a third round pick to use on safety) or give fuller a shot at the FS position or convert Woolfolk into a FS. We need more experience and speed in the secondary I think Woodson could help at the right price.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

First off, its unlikely that Woodson will play here. Our FS and SS are all but set in stone and are CBs are young and talented. He would have to sign for the vet min or close to it for us to consider it(and Woodson wont do that)

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We'd only need to draft a safety really if it was on the strong side. I think Fisher and Reese have too much confidence in Fuller to draft FS again, especially since he hasn't played. Also, I think they will wait until after camp starts to see what they have in Marcus Randall. Nickey, hopefully, is a goner. Having the vet help of Woodson, if he was going to stay healthy, and really perform, would be fine with me if we could afford it.

Could Volek go to the Raiders with the departure of Collins seemingly imminenet? I'm sure the FO is waiting for the right time to move Billy.

9. metal957

metal957 Starter

What do mean about our safeties being set in stone. I would definately disagree with that. Tank played fine his first two years but really has dipped in his play the last two years at least his coverage skills. Multiple times during this season he got beat like drum and in doing so also made Pacman look like he got beat. He is there to give support to the Pass defense first, run second. I believe very well he could be on his way out and I am not the only one.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

That would be Awsome.....quit teasing us! Woodson would be a MAJOR improvment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar