C - Peter Konz

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

18 reps means his max bench is 310ish, and that is pathetic.

Travis Henry could do that with 1 1/2 arms.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

If we take him at 20 I'll be pissed!

Now if we trade down to pick up a 2 and take him at say 27ish, that's fine. Personally I'm a fan of David Molk and Phillip Blake both of them will most likely be available in the 3rd.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I say we take the defenseive BPA at 20, and then maybe try to trade up in the second for Konz if he is still there.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

His bench press really surprised me. Wishconsin has a history of producing a lot of power blockers and when you watch Konz on tape he looks like he plays with some strength and he rarely get beaten with bull rushes. I am shocked that he was only able to bench 18 reps. It just doesn't mix. He did injure his ankle late in the season so maybe he was just out of condition.

If I'm Konz I am definitely going to ask what ever team I have a work out for to let me bench again.

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Exactly !!!!!!

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well, technically every draft is "deep" with players at every position. There is a reason a guy goes in rounds 1 or 2 versus 6. No guarantee they pan out as early picks, but I would not second guess it. I would hope Munch and Matthews could evaluate the talent available and know who will fit our scheme...but I am ready for a mean, beast at center. We need someone who is willing to roll a guy until they have to pull them off them rather than play patty cake with them like Scott and Amano did last year.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

have teams officially come out and said this about Kontz or is this more heresay from talking heads?

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You better be an incredible center prospect if you're going to go off the board at 20. I like Konz, but I'm not so sure he's that level of prospect.

It's fairly easy to find decent centers in the later rounds of the draft.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I trust Munch and Matthews to find a center. If they think Konz is worth the pick, I'll be fine with it, they sure as hell no more about what it takes to be a lineman than I, or any of us, do.

If they feel there is a hidden gem in the fourth that can start right away, well that's great too.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Then why is Leroy Harris not our starting center?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar