C.J. credits offensive line after 141-yard outing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

When you are hit behind the LOS 70% of the time, you don't really have an opportunity to show your strength which is his speed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

Alright enough with the BS.

It's really amazing to see some guys such as thesurething, jcbrave and world peace posting. You guys really seem to make an effort to talk out of your asses.

CJBRAVE the o line played like the first 3 weeks? Boy..you are either insane, totally blinded by hate or just a freaking moron. Even the announcers were saying cj got some huge blocks which were pretty evident to anyone who doesn't have a peanut sized brain. Maybe you were hibernating during the game.

TITANSMAN if we overpaid for cj, THATS OUR PROBLEM, NOT HIS. Thats on the front office for panicking and giving him what he wanted..Did he deserve an absolute raise? For sure, he gave us an amazing running game for a couple of years and he deserved to cash out for those great performances. But that contract was way too much. Besides we all know CJ could play some WR. He doesn't have the greatest hands but we don't set him up to have success on most of his catches. Hell we could even try some trickery with him, but our blocking is pretty poor to even try that.

NICKSMITH - - CJ WASNT THE WORST BACK IN THE LEAGUE FROM WEEKS 1-3, HE HAD THE WORST BLOCKING EVER DURING THOSE WEEKS. Im not going to say he didn't hesitate some..but whenever you see a bunch of guys coming after you as fast as they did run after run you are going to hesitate no matter how you want to put it.

Against the texans the o line did a better job, specially avoiding people getting in our backfield..and cj did look better. I don't think he's as fast as he was, at least not right now. Maybe its a confidence thing...most probably he's just not that fast anymore. He was over-used back in the day, we all knew that..nobody seemed to be against it so...lets be logical. But like i said before, with good blocking this guy is a veeery good RB. Way better than most.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey TJ, why does TitansWillWin2 get to have two accounts?

Blocking is the same, difference is CJ isn't staring down his reads. Oh my how dumb some people can be.

4. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

What i mean is, if we would have given cj a beastly contract BUT gave him the tools to succeed..then nobody would be hating on him because we would be running all over teams.

But what the FO did was hey, here you go...no go get them with a crappy o line that lets defenders all over you in a split second. Not very intelligent. I mean..make a big signing of a top 5 guard or a top 5 center, give a high round pick if you will, who cares. I prefer an established player, specially when our offense already has talent to compete out there.

Also i am watching some runs where washington not only doesn't block but he gets raped. Munch called out the play last week in which CJ had a big loss..and number 85 was the one who lost his block on a run to the left. And then again this week when cj found a little hole and made a nice gainer to the left all washington did was run ahead doing basically nothing..DUDE, WHY DONT YOU PUSH YOUR GUY OR POSITION YOURSELF EITHER TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT SO THE RUNNER KNOWS where the **** to aim?? When a huge play happens, most times there is downfield blocking too..No disrespect to nate, i like him and he has heart but he's blocking like a girl

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

You notice how CJ didn't get hit within 1 second of getting the ball at all yesterday? That has happened MANY times in the first couple games. His only bad run was when Stevens couldn't hold his block for more than 1/2 a second so CJ decided to run 10 yards backwards.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Um no... cause he did get hit a lot (like he does every week), but he kept moving forwards this game.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

There were some pretty big holes out there IMO. The likes of which we haven't seen too often this season.

Of course that begs the question of why did we even pay the "playmaker" if he's so dependent on great blocking.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Probably because we never saw him play without holes, so we didn't know he depended on them so much. We should have figured it out though after rushing him 1000 times in 3 years that he wouldn't be that elite player and would probably lose a little bit though. Also the fact that he's basically a scat back should have told us he needed some room.:beerbang:

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

lol @ "the blocking was the same!" Wow!

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well titans backbone cannot be CJ......

......Because that would be a lie.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar