Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Tsnnehill is the guy whether we like it or not.

Remember when Vrabel was first hired and asked about having a franchise QB? And he said you don’t necessarily need one. That’s his stance on the topic.

It is now Vrabel & JRob’s job to catch lightning in a bottle. That’s the stance they want to take on it, fine. But expectations aren’t changing. I don’t know how we could be in a better position than we were this year but maybe they’ll surprise me.

That being said if Vrabel and JRob do ever get an elite QB.. watch out!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Bucs switched QB’s and won a SB.

Rams just switched QB’s and are now in the SB.

KC switched QB’s and won a SB.

I’m sure there are plenty of other examples of this as well.

The part I think you are confusing is that no one is saying an elite QB means you’ll win a SB every year. Not even close to true. Brady won 6 times in 20 years and that’s unheard of. But without and elite QB your percentage chance goes WAY down. You are at a massive disadvantage out of the gate.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm sure there are plenty of examples of switching QBs and not making the playoffs too. Far more than switching and winning the SB. Lol

How many of those teams constantly improved for the 3 years their previous QB was with them and went to the playoffs all 3 years? They wouldn't be switching QBs if they had.

Good QBs are hard to find and having a consistent winning team year after year is hard. You don't blow up a roster 3 years into successful change.

Like it or not, Tannehill will be around for at least another year...and I wouldn't be surprised if he got to play out his contract. There's just not many options to actually upgrade at QB in the near future.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don’t disagree with what your saying. But you’re right- until he proves otherwise, he has earned a reputation of playing poorly in the playoffs. EVERYBODY wants him to prove he’s not- but a lot of people including myself are tired of waiting. 3 playoff losses in a row is enough for me to give up on that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Rams went to a SB with Goff. KC was in the AFCCG I believe with Alex Smith.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

KC did not get to the AFCCG with Alex Smith.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Tannehill played well in the playoffs in 2019...even this year which was a down year for him we got the #1 seed with a depleted roster and half the year without Henry
    Tannehill isn't going anywhere, the question is what Tannehill do get next year? The 2019 or 2020/21 version?

Downing still needs replaced regardless ..but he won't be, injuries will be blamed

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We did get there with Tanney and should have this year. But Tanney and Downing are a bad combo! I really think change in OC would help this team and Tanney. This was not a good fit in preseason (training camp) he was throwing to many picks in practice.

Bring in someone like Joe Brady and this could be a top 5 offense even with Tanney which it was prior to Downing

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Tannehill averaged 123 YPG in the 2019 playoffs.

Derrick Henry averaged 149 YPG in the 2019 playoffs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I tried, couldn't do it. Literally watched play #1 and turned it off. lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar