Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

And there's the point

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

We'll barely have 20 million in cap space even after cutting Saffold, Jenkins, and Lamm. It's gonna cost 22 million just to trade RT (if we can even find a suitor) then we gotta pay whatever QB we're getting in return.

Simply put, it isn't going to happen.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- but I'm saying that Vrabel and JRob need to go to work on Brady. Let him know he can come in half way through the regular season or as a backup. Tax advantage in TN, no contact, can develop relationships with the players, AND he can be THE ONLY QB EVER to have won Super Bowls with 3 different teams............ Now that would make him unquestionably best QB ever in the history of the game.

JRob makes that happen and I'll consider him elite. (haha)

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah the contract is kind of wild. Especially considering he played in 13 games for us total at that point. 4 years was a lengthy commitment.

I agree with you that we have reached our ceiling with him at QB (was arguing this with posters before the playoffs). But I disagree that the ceiling is one and done. I think another AFCCG appearance is certainly possible but Titans will never win a SB with Tannehill.

I don’t care about beating elite teams in the regular season. That is absolutely irrelevant come January. There are going to be games when you need your QB to take over the game. Tannehill cannot do that. It’s not who he is.

Just like we put the book out on how to defend Lamar and the Ravens. The book is out on how to defend our offense with RT17.

I get the play calling was not great but we had the same issue last year in the playoffs with Arthur Smith (who many wanted gone because of his play calling; seriously there are fire Arthur threads in 2019 & 2020).

If you don’t have a top QB you are trying to catch lightning in a bottle to win a SB. It’s incredibly hard to do. But unfortunately it’s probably the best chance we have at the moment.

All I am left thinking now is how many SB’s would we be winning if we had actually made a run at Brady. Brady called us dumb for picking Tannehill over him - he was right.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Theres no tax advantage in TN vs FL.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

comparing to destinations if Brady decides to "retire" from Bucs. I'm sure he'd plan on QB'ing elsewhere as an option

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well if Brady retires and comes back from retirement he is still under contract with the Bucs at that point.

8. NDTitansfan

NDTitansfan Practice Squad

Robinson got us into this mess with Tannehill with the contract he gave him, which was too long and for too much money at the time. It’s his job as the GM to find a way out of it. This team is too good around the position to watch the QB continuously hold us back. Fix the QB, replace Downing and this team becomes a Super Bowl contender. Until then it is just like what my Fighting Irish have become, good enough to compete for the playoffs, but not good enough to contend for a championship once you get there…

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Wasn’t the Titans he was referring to. It was Garapolo and the 49ers or Taylor and the Chargers. It was not the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

This. Brady said he wasn’t talking about T-Head. He was referring to a team he actually wanted to sign with.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar