Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Tannehill will get 1 more year, this draft/offseason we address the OL, TE and WR2 if Julio isn't back
    Next year if Tannehill hasn't improved draft a QB...I'm thinking the window may be closing a bit by then to consider that and realize he's not the QB

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Probably unpopular but I don’t think a “franchise QB” is limited to just the first handful of picks. Not only do I think teams reach for QBs every year but I also don’t think teams give enough time for potential development and then also help build a team around a particular prospect.

just too often, QBs are thrown into whatever dumpster fire the team may be, some in ok conditions, and then development doesn’t happen and they’re written off quickly.

I get it, percentages drop significantly, but I don’t think it’s impossible to get a good quality QB late 1st round.
    Scout teams and JRobs evaluation guys need to do a good, thorough job too.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's the situation. We will and still have a good team next season. If Tanny regresses even more next season, we'll still flirt with playoff contention and will be picking later in the first round.

You're not going to get that star QB, because there's going to be 3 or 4+ teams that will grab them before us if we're going to be picking later on in the draft.

If we go your route, then this good roster will be wasted while we wait for the 20-26th pick QB to get up to par.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

T17 got Downings Syndrom and we all know it...

blaming that shytshow 100% on T17 is wrong

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah I agree with your sentiment. I guess the best case scenario is to continue building out a really good roster and maybe we can just plug in a rookie QB and sustain success kinda like what the Patriots and Mac Jones are doing.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

We all realize right now he’s not the QB, no need to wait.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You can realize it all you want, but unless we crater the salary cap, he isn’t going anywhere next season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Bingo
    Tannehill like it or not, unless a trade happens, will be the QB next year

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

And cripple the team for years cap wise? He's not going anywhere, all we can hope is he improves next year ..build the OL, TE, WR2 if Julio is done as a Titan.
    The D is legit. WR1 and RB is set.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar