Bye Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You don't have to be an elite QB to win the SB. You just need to be a QB that doesn't turn the ball over.

Tanny is far from elite, yet we could've won the SB if Turnover Tanny didn't throw 3 INT's and Henry was up to par.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Couldn’t have said this better myself.

As a matter of fact, that is almost a verbatim statement I’ve been saying since before Mariota was drafted right here on these boards.

It seems you and I agree, but many absolutely do not.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

The refs pissed Brady off..woke him up

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Anyone should know that. What if Henry runs for 174 yards last night? Then 167 next week and then 151 in the SB? That's clearly enough to win a SB with our defense.

If Henry had those stats, Tanny could go 9/20 for 117 yards and still win a SB.

Just goes to show that you don't need an elite QB to win the SB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Turnovers killed us all season
    That was the only thing that could stop us

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

Yet I’ve had to defend this stance over and over and over.

7. ewoo

ewoo Starter

I've never understood the way that coaches use quarterbacks in today's version of the NFL! It would make sense to me that a team would always have a capable backup qb that is pushing the starting qb for reps. Then whenever a game was a lock or at some point in most games, the team should insert the backup in for reps for competition against the starter. This keeps the starter sharp, because he would know that there is someone on the sidelines ready to take his job. We need to build our qb with younger players instead of paying one old guy an enormous amount and then we're stuck with him when he sucks! Also, has anyone noticed that it seems like RT has stage fright or that deer in the headlights look when he's in a big game? It's like he's thinking way too hard about what he needs to do instead of doing it, which would explain some of those mistakes that he makes. He never seemed calm or relaxed in that game yesterday

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Turnover Tanny still sucks though... Derek Carr wins us that game yesterday.

9. HurrayTitans!

I don’t think there are enough capable backups to man 32 teams.

But I’m also an advocate for letting rookies stay on the bench a year, unless injury forces them, to play.

Some teams (titans) never have a big enough lead to get any meaningful time for the backups either. We saw how quickly a 21 point lead can be lost against Houston. It was talked about at halftime bringing backups in or at least when should they be brought in. If I’m coach, that never happens with less than a 30+ point lead and it’s at least halfway through the 4th qtr.

10. HurrayTitans!

We could argue that woodside could have won that game yesterday. On the 9, no way is woodside getting a WR screen call.

And I will never understand, to Rogers!?! So many other talents and THATs the guy? He hasn’t done anything and I’m not sure why he saw the field offensively with a healthy lineup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar