Bye-saiah Wilson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

That is certainly possible, but I still think they give him a full training camp to make it. If he doesn’t, he is cut after the season. That way you can say you gave him a reasonable opportunity and not take the huge cap hit.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Learning to live? Lol
    He either wants to be a pro football player or not, grow up or move on...I'd say they give him this year or part of it to prove that, if not he's gone and he should be...lots of guys don't get this opportunity
    Give it to someone that wants it not just the $

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

It's unlikely anyone they replace him with will be better than he is capable of. He already cost money against the cap, so cutting him does nothing. Again, it's way better to give him a shot to see if he wants to get serious about his playing career. It costs you nothing extra except a spot on the roster.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree...although he has to be on a very short leash this year
    Grow up or get out

Titans GM puts '20 1st-rounder Wilson on notice

#54 Ontario Titan, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The fact that he is a first round investment will get him another chance unless he completely flies off the rails. Those close to him need to practice some tough love.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Will there be a real TC this summer?

8. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Position coach is more in charge of their coaching though right? Not HR type issues?

Duno, just seems weird JRob hasnt spoken to him. Kind of hard to say we are giving him the support that he needs etc etc (or whatever line has been trotted out) when the GM hasnt spoken to him in months.

This, and JRobs comments about Wilson needing to decide what he wants to do, sound to me like we've given up on him.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not necessarily.
    I agree that the overall contact should be through JRob himself unless he has people that work for him in the GM/HR type roles that may also contact players BUT I would think a positional coach, physical training coach or even Vrabel would be more likely to reach out.

For the idea that JRob/Titans have given up on him, we don't know what previous conversations they've had. It's very possible that JRob or Vrabel spoke to him awhile ago with very specific expectations that he needs to meet. When/if he meets those expectations, that's when he (Wilson) is supposed to reach out. That's where I can see JRob putting it on Wilson.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They should probably touch base with the kid, let him know they're pulling for him

Seems like that may go a long ways for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar