Bye-saiah Wilson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I agree, complete nonsense. They may cut after camp, or just deactivate him, or even suspend him again, but he gets another shot because he’s a first rounder. He doesn’t have much wiggle room though. AND... I doubt anyone would offer a compensatory 9th round pick for him in 2035 draft.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don't know that people expected Clowney to rack up the sacks, but man would at least 1 have been nice.
    A guy as expensive as he was and the reputation he had prior to the season offered at least the idea that his abilities allow other guys to get some sacks. Instead, we got literally nothing and Clowney was directly responsible for plenty of QB scrambles because of his lack of containment.

He was much more of a bust than just his sack numbers.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

This is the first time we’ve had this kind of trouble with a draft pick. I don’t think you tear down your entire process after one person goes off the rails.

That being said when I listened to him on BWTB I could tell right away that he was immature and had the mind of a 12 year old kid. A lot of red flags in that podcast lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I find it more bizarre than hard to believe. Theres not a shred of evidence, not a single example that suggests this guy wasnt clean. Nothing came up when we drafted him.

I find it bizarre that when it counts, he falls to pieces. Why spend 2-3 years working hard at college to not even try once you make it?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

He chose $10m!

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think it is a mental health thing.

You take a 20 year old that has probably had a completely structured life and was babysat in college. You then send him to the pros. And we have a pandemic. So he isn't getting that structure and guidance from vets that he might have gotten in the past. And he loses family members to COVID. So you have a dude that is totally by himself and probably feels totally alone with his first ever taste of money and freedom. It is a lot to take on.

7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Fair. I don think hes been hung out to dry by himself though. Check Saffolds comments months ago.

Veteran offensive lineman Rodger Saffold’s parting message to Isaiah Wilson is simple: Decisions have consequences.

“We have a certain way we do things here. We have a blue-collar mentality here,” Saffold said Monday. “Everything you get, you earn. And sometimes the decisions that you make, you have to live with the consequences.”

No doubt he's got issues, but I dont think you get to the point of the team not speaking to him for 2+ months without going through the support process first.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I fully believe the team/franchise has been contacting him regularly but maybe not JRob specifically. No way he goes 2+ months, with his "performance" up to this point, without talking to someone associated with the Titans. As pointed out, he is still a $10 mil investment.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I still wonder if their is any protective language in the CBA that would help the Titans avoid having to fully pay him.... it sure seems like the owners would have put something in place to protect them from a guy just refusing to co-operate and follow team rules...

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I just meant the day to day process. Veteran dudes with families are going home after practice in normal times. They definitely aren't hanging with rookie dudes during a pandemic.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar