Byard a June 1 cap casualty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanoiler51, Mar 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do not want to cut any more players but there will be very good players cut June 1 due to cap issues of most of the league, post draft. I assume J-Rob saving some money for that!

The cuts by other teams are not over due to dead money

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Disagree. There won’t be talent available in June and certainly not better than Byard.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I agree with the problem of the DC—that was a fail. But if you have under performing players and you can move on from them and replace them with cheaper players then you should. And paying a free safety 17 mill is a lot. In few situations is that not an over payment. And this year is a unique one in which there is a lot of veteran talent that can be had for cheap. So for all those reasons I think this is a reasonable question.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I’m against cutting him and I agree no one will be out there better than him.

But there will be talent out there to fill the rest of the roster. I don’t see us cutting anymore starters at this point.

5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

There will be players that are as good as Byard was last year. So that is the question. What Byard do you get?

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’ll play % of his experience so far and bet the more likely first 3 seasons over the last 1.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I don’t want those players.

8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

That is fair enough. If he is the player from the last three years, great. That is an assessment the GM has to make.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

What GM are we getting? The one that picked Wilson or the GM from the previous 3 drafts?

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

They are the same guy,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar