But seriously, folks...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I am hopeful about the coaches too, but they do not have much of a track record at their current positions...so I think while there is room for optimism, they are still a question mark in many ways.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I usually feel a vibe going into the season but I really don't yet this year.

I think we have the talent to compete with anyone. I've not been able to say that for some time.

But the division should be stronger, a new offensive scheme and mix of players in the secondary may mean it's mid-season before the team gels.

I'm going to say the final record will reflect the passer rating of #8 if he plays 14 games or more.

An average rating of 80 and the Titans will be 7-9 to 9-7. If he can approach 90, then I'm guessing 10-6 to 11-5. Over 95, then we got us a team which may play deep into the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. aztitans

aztitans Starter

I think the Titans can have breakthrough year offensively, like Rams in1999,Saints in 2009, and Falcons of 2016, due to already existing personal, throw in new coaching and game plan, with more explosive Corey Davis, and Dion Lewis, and Mariota could put up 35 Td's and 7 or 8 Ints, I am expecting 105 to 110 QB rating, top 5 defense and 14-2 record. Super Bowl 53 Championship come February, in fact I am betting $300 on bet vegas.com for 50 to 1 odds, the $15,000 should help me with my student loans.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is where I'm at realistically. New staff and scheme will take some time and there will be hiccups, but look at what the Rams did last year. They wen't 11-5 with more talent on D, but less on O IMO.

I do think overall the team will look much better in play, even if the record doesn't see a massive jump. Also if they make the playoffs this year, I'd feel confident that they would have a chance against anyone, if LaFluer gets the offense to where the Rams were last year. I feel this is important because last playoffs a figured we were done before the KC game started. Had Kelce not been hurt or Mariota not caught his own pass, and that still could have been the case. This year I feel we'll see plays called that work to the strengths of the roster, and gameplans installed that make sense.

I'm thinking a realistic10-6.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Absolutely get your concern. That said, one nice thing about it being the defense is they tend to gel quicker than the offense when a new scheme is installed. Last year the D was pretty decent, and we didn't lose any starters. All we did is bring in more talent and draft some younger guys. Plus hire some defensive minded coaches who, for the most part, have a track record of having good defenses.

Plus, add in last year the offense had short quick drives because the brutal scheme could barely get a first down or two. The offense should move the ball better this year, giving the defense more of a breather. That will help as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I sure hope you didn't go to school to be a financial planner.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Division looks to be really tough this year.

Out of the 4 panel hosts on NFL Networks Good Morning Football - none picked the Titans to win division and didn’t even really mention them. I think it was 3-1 Jags - Texans

I’ve learned not to get too high with this franchise although last year they exceeded my personal expectations.

I just really wanted to make the post season - didn’t care one and done just finally make the dance instead of finishing as one of the better non-playoff teams.

Albeit it another collasal Andy Reid post-season meltdown - the Titans still won a playoff game - on the road no-less so anything more would be gravy. This new coaching staff has injected a young fusion of life into this franchise that it desperately needed for itself and this frustrated fan base.

I’d be Happy with more consistent play on both sides of ball. Mariota to make strides and not get dinged up and miss 2-3 games. Want to see him start to get talked about with some of the better QBs in the game. Another post season appearance no matter what happens once in is fine with me again. That’s realistic IMO.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Division always looks tough...but Colts aren’t there yet...Watson will be rusty and have a years worth of tape on him, and the Jags still have Bortles. I only worry about the latter two.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

upload_2018-7-9_22-47-3.jpeg

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

True, I hate peas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar