Business advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 520, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

So they are just referring them to you?

Go on Vistaprint and makes some cards and flyers. Leave them at every gym in the city.

Get a free gym membership out of this deal at least lol.

But yea if you are going to continue to give them a cut go as low as they will take with the understanding they are getting 10% on every order they send you.

Finder's fees usually range 10-20%

In staffing we were finding workers but also took on insurance and other costs so as low as our contracts would go is like 28%

I'd start at 10%

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Already put flyers at all the gyms, did samples, not much came from it. This is direct referrals from people’s personal trainers so should bring in a lot more business

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Man...... Texas BBQ (Brisket)

If we bought the pits, got the same rub, and opened up here in Gallatin, people would drive from Nashville to eat there. This brisket was better than a place that was ranked top 10 in the US for their brisket by a long shot. THey were funded by a rich guy so they got an easy start. By the time I met her and moved down there (and started doing all of their excel/database stuff because LOL), they were basically open 3 hours a day. The owner (Her ex husband) was paying himself 80k a year. She was getting paid almost 50. Thats not counting employees. They really had their **** together but you are correct... what a mess. I was there for maybe a week and they completely redid how they kept up with office info.

I almost miss corporate/office work. I was really damn good at it.....

I think the few hours actually helped them a lot. Everyone flocked there for 3 hours until they ran out of food. They didnt stay open from 10 am to 10 pm so it balanced out very well plus they didnt have to work the hours that new restaurant owners have to work.

Your skepticism is valid. Opening a new restaurant has much less of a chance of succeeding past the 3 year mark than most other types of business.

When I was 18 or 19, I decided to give roofing a shot. It was so easy, I borrowed money a few months later to get the equipment and started doing it for myself. If my knees would have taken it, I would have never quit. I miss working for myself but now Id have no clue what I would do if I ever went down that path again (business owner)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

@520 on this idea.,..

FWIW, i know someone who tried to do this

it didn't work out too well

#24 World Peace, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

In my opinion, no way!

A food truck, maybe... but a brick and mortar restaurant?

Cooking and managing a restaurant are two different things and require two completely different types of people.

What about a catering company?

Take the orders in advance, then you setup the orders, you get to buy in bulk...

You don't have to deal with ahole customers, no liquor or beer licenses to deal with, no dining room, decor or huge upfront capitol investments and depending on your life schedule, you could even start cooking now... and sell out of your home, get a PO box for business cards and if it becomes profitable enough to open a private kitchen, you can talk to a commercial re-estate broker and already have money in the bank and potentially not even need any or much financing.

If you've got a basement or garage and you wanna go ahead and make the capital investment in professional grade kitchen equipment, you could start this business up at home and if it fails, you could sell it on the 2nd hand market and not be out a mountain of cash.

Just a thought!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Deals done

Gonna give them .85 cents a meal, plus oh them $100 a month to have that place as. A pick up location for my clients

Pretty pumped I see big things coming from this

Being a businessman ain’t all that hard

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depending on what you'd cook, I'd do a food truck/portable option over a restaurant.

#27 Gunny, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Truck upkeep versus building/rent.

Yep.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Less employees to pay. Also, if you get a good spot you could park your truck there for good.

When I was in Cali a few years ago, we came across these guys who were mechanics during the day, but had a hot dog set up they did after hours in the car park at their shop.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

so how many meals to you think you will get to make per month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar