Bulluck Tired of Losing Along with Those Who Accept It

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I haven't read every word of the on and on ramblings of everyone on this thread...but I don't think anyone has pointed out that one of the stated reasons for bringing in Hope, Thornton, Givens, and Mawae was to provide "much needed" leadership....Bulluck, KVB, and a few others are also in a position where they are expected to do the same...

It's actually very good, and about time, these guys starting calling out the quiters, losers, and guys who, in general, need to get with the program or pack their bags !!!

I'm glad to see it...They are "sweeping up" in a way no coach can do...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

BAMARON, good take man... I like that...

I think I can make kool-aid out of that. :winker:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bizz...

We are a very young and inexperienced team from player number 1 to player number 56.
    ------------------------------

That is absolutely BS! We are not that young! We are not that young! We are not that young!

Our average starting player has over 5 years experience. Our starting guards and center average 10 years a man!

We have just 3 starters in their second year and all of them were starters last season. Roos-hill-pacman. We have 3rd year players like odom-troupe-laboy-starks-bell who have all had more than enough playing experience to succeed. Did you know that starks' contract is done after this season?

There is not one starting player on this team who is a rookie! There are many super bowl contenders that cannot say that.

Where is all this youth and inexperience? Sirmon is a 7 year guy, so is bulluck and volek. Hope-thornton-haynesworth-thompson are all in their 5th season. KVB is in his 6th season.

Where are all these players that you would call too young? I don't see them!:sad2:

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm going to stay out of the crossfire here. But I will state two things I know.

1.) What Bulluck said was the truth. I'm glad a player was able to come out and say it. His quote was definitely signature quality.

2.) I don't how good of a coach Fisher is. But I do know that if Fisher was fired tonight, he'd have another job by Saturday.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

But that's just it...

Bulluck is calling out players while Hope...straight from a Super Bowl Championship is sort of calling out the coaching staff. Commenting that practice stunk and should have been re-started is talking to the coaches (they start the practices)!

If he's calling out coaches I think that is another indication that we have a problem. And these guys brought in for leadership are looking for some from the coaching staff. They need some help!

I hope Bulluck, Thornton and Hope get the D righted because I don't have much faith that Schwartz can do it!

And Tide is right, this isn't a YOUNG team as much as you'd expect. We are built to win in the next few years. Unfortunately, we're gonna see that window start to close as VY starts to hopefully shine. But this coaching and playing has to get fixed NOW!

Gut

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is the way I saw Hope's comments, he seemed to be critical of the coaching staff.

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

If we have coaching problems, and maybe we do, I'm not sure that's gonna get fixed right away...

I still think it's a positive that players, who I belive are respected by the rest of the players, are beginning to take the leadership role that we've got to have...Every good team...EVERY GOOD TEAM, no matter how well coached, has players who are leaders. That was my point.

"That's all I got to say about that" Forrest Gump--famous Alabamian, and good hearted idiot--

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

That is an excellent point!

9. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

Rolltide...

I was mainly talking about our youth at Defense. I truly believe our offense will be alot better this year if we can just stay close in some of these games. Having 2 2nd year CB is not a good thing yet...but will be a great thing if they stick with them. Our 3 year players on the D-line is another main problem. So when I was talking about youth, I was talking about our CB & D-line. You are right about Sirmon, and I don't know what to say about him, we should just go with youth there too because he is so slow, but who knows... Anywayz, I am basically just upset how just last week against the Saints everyone was so excited and now all the fans are calling everyone out. If they are still playing like that towards our bye week, then we should be calling people out, but not yet.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar