Bulluck Cantonized?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

That last sentence makes me cringe. Overestimating Pro Bowl credibility is a no-no. Just don't ask Troy Polamalu.

Anyway, Keith doesn't get the HOF nod from me, alas. Maybe it has a lot to do with the small Tennessee market or whatever you'd put it to, and despite Bulluck being constantly cited as the best at his position, the elements aren't quite in place for the hall. What are these elements? Hype, mostly. lol

Funny to note, his stats aren't too dissimilar to Brian Urlacher's (Brian had the headstart in his first two years). Proves stats don't mean anything. Or that comparing OLBs and MLBs is foolish of me. Or that Brian has that 'it' factor which Keith apparently lacks. Meh, I'm too sleepy.

2. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

are you kidding me>? why isnt old Steve Mcnair on there? :suspect:

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Robert Brazille, Clay Matthews, Charles Haley aren't in the Hall of Fame. Bulluck is no chance. Doesn't mean he's not a great player for our team. But for Bulluck to make the HOF he would need to win NFL Defensive Player of the year for the next 3 years at a minimum.

Like I said, he has no chance.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7053750

i rest my case.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO he would be much closer to being considered a HOF player if he had made 3 pro-bowls and it would also go a long way if he was on a few championship teams with top 10 defenses.

Getting into the HOF is all about politics. Listening to John McClain explain it basically someone on the committee asks for a player to be considered and then states their case. To make a case for Bulluck it goes a long way if you can say he made X number of pro-bowls in N number of years, led the league in tackles in Y of those years and was an integral part of a defense that helped win Z AFC championships and P SUper Bowls. IMO his resume would look pretty nice if he got the recognition in the pro-bowl he deserves. Basically he gets screwed each year because so many OLBs from 3-4 defenses get recognized because of their sack totals (maybe we should blitz him every play!). So basically getting to the pro-bolw doesn't mean squat to how good he is but it does mean squat in getting into the HOF.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You have a bunch of stats. Keith is fast enough to get in on a lot of tackles....call me when he makes one BEHIND the line of scrimmage for a loss. He plays coverage well, and does good on blitzes, but he is not a run stopper by any stretch of the imagination. He practically hid from Brandon Jacobs during the Giants game. The Pats ate him alive (as did other teams) on screens and sweeps to his side of the field. He does not shed his blocks well, but turns and gets upfield to get in on the tackle after the ball carrier goes by him. Watch a few games sometimes.....

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

oh please, all the stats and links in the world were good enough for you when it came to your homie drew, but when it is the other way around, im supposed to watch the games...

make up your mind.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He never got the noteriety that he deserved, you need popularity to make the PB, and thats one of the 1st things ppl look at

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I totally agree. But it is little indication on how good his is now.

I've talked to someone with the Titans on how difficult it was to get a player into the HOF. Those that vote usually rely on stats and have no first-hand knowledge of a player's career. There's a ton of behind-the-scenes work that has to be done.

Regardless, Pro Bowls or not, he's not close even if he'd made it those years he was deserving.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Even though at this point in Keith's career, I dont think he is a HOF yet, but if he plays another 5 years or so at his current average, I think he'll get in on longevity and consistency.

I think he's played at a pro bowl level for about 5 years straight. But as long as he's being judged with OLB's in 3-4 defenses, he won't be going to the pro bowl over a 12 sack LB.

That is the only reason he hasn't been to more pro bowls. And its a shame, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar