Building our WR room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I wouldn’t be surprised. His injury history is not changing though.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree... I just don't see how the Jets can pay him 10mil to sit behind WIlson, Lazzard, Hardeman...and you know Rodgers wants Randall Cobb. I would think that the Jets would try to trade Davis or Mims because they both are FAs after this yr.

We have heard that Hopkins is available for trade, but to me he is too expensive and we have seen how guys break down when they come off PED.

Cedrick Wilson is supposedly on the trade block, but unless he were willing to take a paycut I'm out on him... 7mil is too rich for what he has done.

I wonder if TB would be willing to trade Evans, Godwin, or Gage... Evans is an UFA next yr and we know TB is in total rebuild mode so I would think he could be had for a 4th and his cap hit would be 14.5mil

Curtis Samuel is another guy that could possibly be available for trade because he is an UFA next yr and the Commanders have McClaurin, Dotson, Brown...trading him would save the Commanders 10mil and they currently are tight against the cap with 2.5mil available... Samuel would cost 13mil

Just a few ideas for trying to improve the WR room

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

How the hell is Sammy Watkins only 29?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

You sure that's not the # of games he played in?

• LOL LOL x 6
  5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

We do not value the WR position
    Period

6. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

I would be ok with Corey Davis coming back if he gets cut. He would be a good stopgap and would fit well as a number 2. He had his best year the last year he was here. I would not trade for him and his contract though. When the Jets cut him, I'd give him a 2 yr deal for 10-12 million and back load it to next year. Then still need to draft a WR high next year and he slides to our number 3.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We have 4 picks in next years draft how do we trade with anybody?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm hoping the Titans had a plan to bring in a vet WR but didn't want to do anything before the draft.

Demarcus Robinson played for around $1M last year. If healthy, he'd be a nice add.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

My guess is we will get a WR in FA next year, more cap money and set to move forward with Levis.

Some decent options next year...

2024 NFL Free Agents Tracker

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

We will have a bunch of blocking WRs

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar