BUILD OUR DEFENSE; THAT'S THE KEY!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The ILB have to be good at block shedding and stopping the run. One of the. Needs pass rush ability. The OLBs need (IMO) length and edge rush ability... Most 34 rush backers come into the league playing the speed rush.

The line is built to were they are space eaters. Large NT in the middle to take on a double. Larger DEs to help stop the run. The LBs flow to the gaps to attack the runner instead of containing them like in a 43.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Appreciate it.

So Do you think Brown fits into our 3-4 Hybrid plans?

To me it seems like ILB or DE is our major need on D right now. If we can't grab a ILB in Free Agency... our top two picks have to address that position.

Here's how i picture our front 7 looking this year.

Morgan Casey Pitoitua​
    Ayers #11 or FA McCarthy Brown​
    Let me know what y'alls opinions are...​

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I would like to see

------Pito------fa or draft NT--------Casey
    Ayers------fa ILB------------Brown---------Barr/Morgan

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I notice that allot of the 3-4 suggestions do not include current players.

---------------Casey/Klug---------------------NT/Casey---------------------Morgan/Pito
    Ayers/Wimbley----------McCarthy/Fokou---------------Brown/Fokou-------------Edwards/Wimbley

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I hope he proves me wrong, but Ayers has never really impressed me. He just really seems like the 'bad' kind of lanky.

If KW would take a pay cut, I'd rather have him @ LB than Ayers...

6. titan_fan_4ever

in a perfect world...

---------------CASEY---------------------CASEY+15/20lbs---------------------CASEY
    Does'n matter----------Does'n matter---------------Does'n matter-------------Does'n matter

7. titan_fan_4ever

no but seriously...

-----CASEY-----------------FA--------------------Lamar H/RoPo
    Morgan----------Brown---------------Spikes (NE)-------------Draft Pick/KW (pay cut)

and

Morgan----------CASEY---------------Lamar-------------RoPo/
    ---------Brown-------------Spikes--------------Draft Pick

I could easily replace Spikes with Dansby, but i think he might be a bit pricy. I'd also love Bennet/Johnson, but they will also be out of budget...

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think at OLber we have Ayers, Morgan, and Wimbley. If we can replace Wimbley with a cheaper option via the draft then I could see Wimbley being a cap casualty.

I think Morgan and Pito will be our DEs.

We need a NT and ILBers. I think Brown will be given the opportunity to win an ILBer job.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Brown should be an OLB in my opinion. He is a very good blitzing LB with cover skills. Turn that speed loose on the QB.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It is interesting that we are being linked to looking at Arthur Jones from the Ravens since he is a 3-4 DE and we just re-signed Rapoti. If that happens then it tells me that we are looking to play Casey inside at NT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar