Bud Adams speaks!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans owner Bud Adams called Sunday's 59-0 loss to the Patriots possibly the low point in franchise history, but said he's not going to make any drastic changes during the season.

One year after finishing with an NFL-best 13-3 record, the Titans plummeted to 0-6 with the worst defeat since Adams founded the team in 1960.

Coaching is a big part of the problem, said the 86-year-old Adams, who made no promises about Jeff Fisher's future with the franchise beyond this season. Fisher, now in his 15th season at the helm of the Titans, is under contract through 2011.

"If we end up losing every game or don't look better, I'd have to look at that pretty hard, you know what I mean?'' Adams said during a telephone interview Sunday night. "The way it is going, I don't know if we'll win any games, and that is unheard of in the National Football League.

"Right now, it's as bad as I've seen it, and that's a long time. I've never had a team start out like this. We had the best record in the NFL last year. I can't understand it.''

The Titans have been outscored 127-26 in their past three games, have gone eight straight quarters without scoring a touchdown and are one of three winless teams in the league.

"Even if I am unhappy, you don't make changes in the middle of the season. You don't know what you might end up with,'' Adams said of the coaching staff. "We'll just have to see what happens the rest of the way. I'll have to make my decision after the season is up. Who knows, we might come back and win 10 games. Then it wouldn't look so bad compared to how we started out. We have to look at the overall picture.

"But right now we're not doing very well, and that worries me.''
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...027/Bud+Adams++can+t+understand++Titans++play

Fishy better get to winning!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

rut ro ...

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

The big staff change last offseason was Chuck Cecil's promotion from secondary coach to defensive coordinator when Jim Schwartz left to become head coach of the Detroit Lions.

"That is one of our problems, the coaching staff,'' Adams said.

But the owner indicated he wouldn't force Fisher to make changes.

"You can't do that in the season, that is not the way you do it," Adams said. "You have to wait until the season is over. The coaches have to be preparing for every game, and it takes a lot of effort. You can't just get rid of people.''

As for a potential change at quarterback, Adams said he'd like to see Vince Young play more instead of starter Kerry Collins.

"I have been wanting him to play Vince Young more because Collins has been having his problems out there,'' Adams said. "I just think we need to find out how well (Young) can do. If you don't play the guy and lose all your games, it is hard for you to see what he can do if he is not playing.

"Vince has won a lot of games for us. But Jeff is the one making those decisions; they are playing for him.''

4. onthemove

onthemove Guest

A 50+ year owner with nothing to show for it can say what he wants. This team will not win as long as he is in charge. One guy here said it best- he's the Al Davis of the East. Add all the new faces you want, in the long run history will only repeat itself. Just ask the Raiders. He needs to go with Fisher and the rest. It starts with him, not the staff. Hand the team over, Bud, your time is up.

5. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

Uncle Bud has spoken I see we loose almost all the rest of our games and Fish is out. Man I love fish but after so long it's time for a change. Everybody has to be accountable.

6. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

didn't fisher take over halfway through his first season? odd how the old man forgot that lil fact....
    i know they say he resigned, but wasnt he basically fired?

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Fisher was probably promoted from within. Maybe Bud doesn't feel there's any worthy candidate within the organization and is waiting for the offseason to snipe away an OC or DC somewhere. Who knows.

8. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

he was the defensive cord. and got prompted, doesnt change the fact you CAN fire someone and replace em mid year.

the thing that scares me is bud says "if we dont win a game, or dont look better he'll think about makin changes at the end of the year".... sooo if we win a game or three things will remain unchanged? 0-16 or 3-13 are of little difference to me and i should hope they would be to him as well. it'll be a sad day if/when a couple of wins keeps your job!

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Adams didn't sugar coat it. Coaching is the problem. Kerry has had his share. Yesterdays game cannot fall on his shoulders but when you watch the tape, his great passes were dropped, his bad ones were incomplete, and his int was unnaceptable. With the season now over, we hopefully see some looser playcalls.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not probably, he was the defensive coordinator under jack pardee.

Look how similar things are now to then. In 93 the oilers were 12-4 and then fell to 2-14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar