BTW, the Titans are 4-2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Despite the obvious concerns, the Titans are doing much better than I expected they would be entering the season entering a three home game stretch.

It's not been pretty but neither was the late run last season.

Seriously. Who here thought we'd be 4-2 right now?

How many think we can be 7-2 after the stretch of home games?

:brow:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

4-2 this year feels a lot better than 1-5 did last year.
    We could be 7-2, but I'm not counting on it.

I'll stick with my preseason prediction that we'll end 10-6.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

4-2 is great and the surprise is of course that our Defense is leading the way.

One concern is the quality of offenses we've faced in the first 6 weeks... outside of Indy.... Atlanta, TB, New Orleans (at least this season), Jacksonville, Houston aren't exactly juggernauts offensively. I'll be interested to see how our D holds up against Denver, Cinci, San Diego, and the Indy rematch later in the year.

The next 3 home games Oakland, Carolina, Jacksonville... as much as I'd love to say we will go 3-0 with the homefield advantage, I don't see it. I think we let one slip away and go 2-1; but who knows.

How I miss the glorious 99-00 season homefield advantage, those were awesome days!

Hopefully Vince can play some improved ball, whether it's more accurate throws or taking off on the run sooner, doesn't matter much to me. As long as this offense gets more prolific with him in the game as opposed to how this season has started when Vince was under helm.

And could we please see some more Chris Henry and Michael Griffin?? Thanks!

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am worried that Oakland will give us trouble...always seem to. And I get to enjoy all the moronic Raider fans that somehow find seats on our area and act like total idiots. Are some of the most arrogant, obnoxious fans I have evern been around.

I am also somewhat concerned about Vince's play coming back. Hate to say it, but I sure liked the way Kerry was zinging that ball to our receivers. I am not sure Vince makes those last two throws to win that Houston game. Then again, we may have had a couple more TDs with Vince to work with.

I hope Jax is still without Garrard when they come to town...would be nice.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

I predicted 10-6

I might have to change it to 11-5

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah don't get me wrong I'm a huge VY fan and supporter but his play needs to improve. If it does I see 3-0 as a very realistic possibility if not 2-1 is more likely with our Def. carrying us.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm voting for 2-1. We haven't shown ourselves to be highly consistent yet. If we can make it through these three with solid showings, I'll have high hopes for the rest of the season.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

IMO, we are a few plays away from being fairly efficient on Offense. Turnovers are not helping. I think that the O can come around I just don't know how long it'll take. 4-2 is pretty damn good in my book and we have several very winnable games left. Been a pretty fun year so far but I say a 10 win season is more realistic than 11 or 12. We just don't score enough points. Who knows though, if VY gets in a groove it could be very interesting.

9. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I'm proud to say I'm not one of the people that bought into the doom and gloom of the offseason. I thought the moves were good and I thought we would be better. I expected our record to be about where it is now. The only thing is I thought we would look better doing it, especially Vince. I have a feeling now though that its about time for it all to start coming together. I think we're in store for some big things the rest of the season.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Hopefully VY will heat up like last year just a bit better since he's a year older.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar