Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I was one of the few people not sold on the Browns this off season and I tried to tell my Mom this (Browns fan) but she wouldn't believe me. I know it's pre season and it might be a case of the Browns reading too much press clippings and believing their hype so they need to be brought down to Earth. But maybe it's not.

Here's the problem with the Browns and all their big offseason moves.

1. No replacement for an old and worn down Jamal Lewis. Yea I know he was good last year but so was McNair his first year in Baltimore, the next year? Not so much. Happens all the time, teams let a guy go, they have 1 good year somewhere then their done.

2. They trade Lee Bodden their best corner in an already weak secondary. Who's back there that can cover anyone?

3. Sure they sign Stallworth but there's a reason this is his 4th team.

4. Hey that's great that they got some good defensive tackles but where are the rookies? They wont have any rookies impacting this team because they traded their picks away which was stupid. I didn't mind getting Quinn which would give them a 2nd and 3rd round pick but they got rid of those picks. Stupid move.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

3. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

VY for Boldin would be good enough...But I imagine Arizona would laugh

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

collins is completing a lower percentage than vince.....

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they might just line him up at receiver..

imagine that... Leinart to Young... that has to be Vince Young's worst nightmare! :grrhee:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I gotta believe a lot of Brown fans will be happy to see Brady Quinn. And I thought Dorsey was drafted in like '72 or something. Where did he come from.

I always felt like the Browns and Bills wouls be teams that fell out of the playoff race this year. Nobody in Buffalo wants Edwards to be QB, and nobody in Cleveland really wanted Anderson in my opinion. At least Cleveland has Quinn to go to. Poor Buffalo has Losman who can't seem to do anything important. I think the Titans are in good shape because the two closest contenders to our spot are backtracking.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ahh Syndric Steptoe, he was my Madden 08 star.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That pass that Brady Threw sucked...it was supposed to be an INT

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It wasn't that bad, the DB showed excellent make-up speed and didn't make a play on the ball. The WR never broke stride and actually should have made an inside move for the ball. FWIW, Steptoe is a rookie..man I wish our 3rd year QB could complete a pass to a 3rd year WR, let alone 3.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i wish our 14 year qb could too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar