Browns sign Robaire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with former Titans defensive tackle Robaire Smith.

Per Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper, it's a four-year deal.

The seven-year veteran spent four seasons with the Titans, then two with the Texans, then one more with the Titans. He started in twelve games in 2006, 16 in 2005, and 16 in 2004.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

dang... i was hoping to get him back.

ah well..

Starks and Haynesworth should be fine

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Eh. He had a pretty uneventful year last year. Still, we're losing depth at the position. Now we've got another hole to fill. Hope Rien Long can come back and make a difference next year.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was a good move on paper to bring him in, but it just didn't pan out at all. I wish him luck up in Cleveland.

5. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

We still have Tony Brown? We have a good 4 or 5 guys at DT, I think. He's a guy that we could actually afford to lose. He played well for us, but wasn't spectacular. Good luck in Ohio!

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Robaire helped out a LOT with our run D. We're screwed in another position now. Starks sucks and hasn't done anything at all since his rookie year.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when? maybe the 2003 version of robaire.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm scatching my head on this one. Maybe with Robaire we might have AH and 4 average DTs. I wouldn't say Brown is a "good" DT. We have been so starved for good DT play we are beggining to think average players are good.

9. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Maybe Mahelona makes a jump this year. He's a big boy. Tony Brown came in a made an impact. Long can get to the QB, and was getting stronger against the run.

We're still okay here guys. I loved the Robeast, too, but he really didn't show last season when we were getting crushed by the run.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think we'll see Mahelona make huge strides this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar