Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well if you played Fuller and Tulluch that would have changed everything. :rolleyes:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That was a valid complaint though. Why did we keep playing these guys when they sucked so bad?

We did have some other options.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

You couldn've of stopped right there and still made your point :lol:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

as bad as those starters were odds are these "options" were worse. Any way you slice a turd it's still $#!t.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Football players are not merchandise. Those guys were not ready to be starters the first time they stepped in BSP. I expect a TV to work perfectly right out of the box... players on the other hand often need to be developed. You think our defense would have instantly been top 5 had Swartzie "woke and smelled the coffee" and plugged those guys in?

Wasn't it just last year Tully allowed LT in the EZ for a TD because he made a rookie type mental error and didn't play to the whistle? I love Tully. Hell, I have his ink on my leather football. That doesn't mean I think he could have changed anything about the "dark days".

ps- I detect a hint of sarcasm, but I can't really tell.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I would like to point out that I have been a Schwartz support since the beginning and always argued it was a personnel issue that stopped him from really being able to put a good team out on the field. That and I don't think he trusted his players skill set enough to be able to really open up on the aggressiveness for fear of being beat deep. :)

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yes, it does appear that with the right personnel, your scheme looks less inept, but many of these guys were around when we were teetering on incompetence

a good coordinator / coach is able to utilize the talents at their disposal for a best and highest purpose, the key is knowing when and where to make adjustments

I just don't trust Jim's adjustments

keep in mind, there's nothing real special about his schemes. it's the tenacity and motors of key guys in key positions that make it all sparkle

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

In '06, Tulloch was a rookie. He wasn't close to being ready. Fuller was out much of the previous season with the broken leg and he wasn't ready at camp and not 100% most of the season. Undrafted guys like Sean Conover and Josh Savage saw a lot of play on the DL. As mentioned already, Hill, Sirmon and LT were starters mainly because there were no options. Thornton and Hope both needed time to learn the defense and couldn't overcome the weak links around them.

Remember, this was the second season after the cap purge and when the Titans were carrying a lot of dead money. There was no money for depth. This was also the season Collins was horrible and the offense finished #27 so they were not much help in keeping the Titans defense off the field the first half of the season.

Amazingly, Vince closed the season 8-3 and a win away from a Wildcard spot. This with the #27 offense and the #32 defense.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

*shutters at memory of week 17 pounding at the hands of the New England Patriots*

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Mine is the SD game where Turner put up 150 yards on us as a backup :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar