Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are correct sir. I had to pay too see the crap he was putting on the field. I could only imagine what it would be like with younger/faster players on the field. Of course Jimbelina did not see them either as they were running the scout team against the starting O

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK but that was long ago. Why do you still care? We have the #2 defense now. If the defense starts getting horrible again I'm with you but that was 4 years ago, who cares?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm with eddy here.

We have had this incredible season and we have people who want to dump our QB and are dumping on our DC? Try a little PMA for crying out loud! We are about to win the super bowl!

Our coaching staff has had success and failures as a unit. Fisher is the main guy for everything we do. After going 23-9 the last 2 years primarily because of our defense maybe this isn't the best time to bash our DC.

4. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Schwartz must be doing something right we have a great defense

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow, this is exactly what I expected from you and should have said in my first post.

You are nothing but a flip-flopping bandwagoner. Give your extreme statements and then it's ok to back off them if things change.

Hey, everyone has the right to admit they were wrong and change opinions in the face of new stats. But you lose credibility when you can't form an opinion and just go off the latest stats/season.

Hmm, why do I still care about what happened a few seasons ago? Maybe because I'm an invested fan in this team, and I am willing to form an opinion on coaching/players over more than a 1-Year time frame.

Hey GoT gives you great points, but all you can rebut with is "Who cares? THat wasn't this season". :ha:

You know what's even more laughable... you say 4 years ago... In 2006 (that's two years for the oblivious), we were ranked 32nd in defense and 25th in points allowed. But who cares, that was just two years ago when Vince almost took us to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Here's some of what you need to know:

http://www.fireschwartz.com/

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Alex, your post is stupid. You're slamming the guy because he's happy with being the best now and not upset about the cruddy players and lack of money to pay good ones from years past. Anyone should concede that if you take the 2005 Titans defensive personnel... no Hope, No Griffin... add Pacman the distract-man... It's a different team now infused with talent.

At least GoT has made credible statements... and as much as I deplore criticizing Hoffa... this "other thread" crap is simply pathetic evidence of lack of credible argument.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So without talent, that gives a coach free excuses to continually play worse players and not make scheme adjustments in the face of failure?

I just judge Schwartz by his body of work as our DC... not by this season alone.

And I give much more credit soley to AH for this defense's resurrection. Just look at our stats the last two season's without him.

It's lame to ignore history when discussing a coach/player.

Really Bipolar and TitanJeff, I expected you two NOT to agree with someone that says "Who cares what happened two years ago". Is that how easily we let go of our Titans history?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

what the hell does it say about your defense when Reynaldo Hill is your starting corner? Tank Williams and Lamont Thompson are the safety tandem? Woolfolk is the nickle? Kassell and Sirmon at LB? What is Bo Schobel doing these days? You guys need to get over the dreadful cap purge and rebuild. Fisher has built a winner.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

what can you do when you have 24 players on the roster with two years or less of NFL experience?
    Our biggest problems 3 years ago were created by Floyd Reese with some of his questionable draft picks, poor FA signings and poor cap management.
    We played without AH and KVB and did fine against one of the toughest teams out there. It was defense that DESTROYED the Steelers.
    You are looking selectively at the history and ignoring just how shallow the talent pool was then.
    You really should savor the moment. Times like these are fleeting. It's been a long 8 years since we were 13-3 and hosting the divisionals.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

We're 13-3 with the road to the Superbowl going through our backyard and some of you guys are still living in the past about what Schwarts couldnt do a few years ago. Absolutely stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar