Brown's Agent Feels His Client a Better Fit Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

I don't think there was a plan to draft a RB early this past year. White just kindof fell to us. Heck, we traded down in teh 2nd round and still ended up drafting White. Devon Hester, the punt reterner for Miami, was apparently going to be our pick until they changed their mind at the last moment.

The Titans to me appeared content to go into the season with Brown and Henry. We didn't draft White because of Brown's injuries - we drafted White because he was too much talent to pass on despite the runningbacks on our roster.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Surely this wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Brown recently switched agents....and his new agents don't get paid a dime unless he signs a new contract.

Nah...that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It's like when Volek switched agents and his new one, Rosenshark, demanded a trade. The difference is Volek put a muzzle on his agent and told him to can the trade talk. Brown hasn't done that.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

The day we drafted White I posted that Brown was history.

I will see my prediction come true.

Brown, great kid, great attitude, great ability. Horrible durability. He's gone.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

"My client is a better fit elsewhere".....is that a nice way of saying "our o-line sucks"? :lol:

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

After reading the article in the Nashville City paper I agree with Nine completely. Everything the agent says makes it obvious this was his idea. Chris stays here and is the #1 rb at the beginning of the season. Yesterday I posted that the agent was just trying to protect his client I was wrong he is just looking for a pay day, I dislike agents more everyday and I already hated them.

7. H Man

H Man Guest

Bullseye fltitan...you and Nine. Most of these agent pukes are bottom feeding mudsuckers. Although I would like to see some EG like toughness from him, I don't remember Brown ever complaing - about anything. Bottom line: Agent can use any ploy he wants. Reese doesn't have to do anything. Brown's under contract. If he wants to go somewhere else, he can use that as incentive, and produce this year...or not.

8. jdee

jdee Guest

He certainly can request a trade, but at this point, he's not real valuable. His value can only go up if he puts up numbers this year, and that's up to HIM. I don't feel he has any leverage in this situation. He goes out this year and stinks it up, or gets hurt again, and no one will want him.

JDee

9. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

:hmm:
    I would give the titans a fourth round pick for C brown. Hey L Jordan needs someone to carry his bags. (back him up)

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Wow, that joke is so old it... never mind. You wouldn't get him for a 4th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar