Brown will be on field tomorrow

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think Brown will be a more than adequate fill in until we get Michael Turner next offseason.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I kno:))

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Brown, Titans Agree to Contract

SUMMARY: RB Chris Brown has agreed to terms with the Titans on a contract. “Our main goal is continuing to improve this roster and create competition at every position,” said Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt. “Chris has been productive for this team. He knows the system and has a very good comfort level with our offense.” Brown, 26, has spent his first four NFL seasons in Tennessee and was originally selected by the Titans in the third round (93rd overall) of the 2003 draft. He has played in 42 games for his career with 28 starts and has totaled 2,295 rushing yards (4.2 avg.) and 11 touchdowns on 541 attempts. Out of the backfield, Brown has hauled in 55 receptions for 539 yards and two touchdowns.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The fact that Brown would re-sign with the Titans after riding the bench and not even dressing in most games tells you a lot about this guy's competitive spirit. Fisher's handling of him during his free agent year likely cost Brown substantial cash, yet back he comes with that big stupid grin on his face. I'm not saying Fisher wasn't right in starting Henry and dressing LW, but you'd like to think that treatment might have irked Chris more than just a bit.

The sad part is there's a chance he might be the best back on the Titans roster, so it's probably a good signing for Tennessee. I just have a hard time respecting Chris Brown as a football player at this point... grow a set for f sakes CB!

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or he wanted to show everyone he can still play and tennessee was his best chance at starting.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Brown knows this offense, he can immediately contribute. He also isn't playing behind a top draft pick. He'll have more opportunities to play here.

He wants to shine then find a payday. The Titans offered him the best opportunity for that to happen.

7. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Vet RB Brown agrees to one-year deal with Titans

Four-year veteran Chris Brown, the top tailback still available in the unrestricted free agent market, on Monday afternoon reached agreement in principle on a one-year contract to return to the Tennessee Titans, the team with which he has played his entir ...more

[​IMG]

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:yes:

And we get an experienced YOUNG RB with starter experience who knows the system at an inexpensive price. Good deal.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Coolio.

10. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

WOW I CANT BELIEVE IT WE FIXED OUR RUNNING BACK SITUATION YES SIREE WE SIGNED A GUY WHO COULDNT START OVER OUR TWO RUNNING BACKS ON THE ROSTER ONE GONE TO DENVER AND ONE STILL HAS NOT SHOWN UP TO PLAY YET IN HIS 2ND YEAR BOY GREAT MOVE HERE. I like Chris good nice guy and good character guy but theres gotta be a reason he hardly saw the field last year over our other two RB on the roster. I really question this move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar