Britt won’t play in preseason finale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still don't get why people think Washington will be gone. I bet he has a real solid season like he did in 2011 (70 catches 1000 yards). His contract will pay him 4.8 mil in 2014 but assuming he has a similar season to 2011, and we don't keep Britt, that figure isn't all that unreasonable for a guy with that production. So unless we franchise or sign Britt long term there really in't any reason to let Washington go.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A) He is over 30 and we have young talent in our receiver core
    B) We will be very close to the cap next year and cutting him saves about 5 million off of our cap number by himself. That's money we can use to upgrade positions on our defense and resign Casey and Ayers who are both FA's next season.
    C) If Williams gets any playing time this season (which will happen as both Washington and Britt have a history off getting injure/banged up) and he produces then we can resign him for a lot less then 5 million next season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

We could use upgrades on our D, I also think K. Wright will take over as our leading receiver and outshine Britt. I would too like to pay a player that does not consistently get arrested for stupid SH**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar