Britt won’t play in preseason finale

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The multiple arrests and showing up out of shape for past training camps and OTAs did not help.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Look at Kenny Britt and tell me he's out of shape.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

OH this year he is great. I am talking about past years. Like when he showed up to OTA and could not even practice because he was so out of shape. Had to do his own thing. Or the lockout year when he showed up to training camp out of shape and could not practice. Had to do his own thing to get in shape.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO it is apprent the team is preparing to move on without Britt but obviously always have the option of tagging him. Assuming he stays healthy I think he will have a solid season but am doubtful he has a monster season just because of the QB, more emphasis on running the ball and other weapons who will get catches. I could see Washington and Wright also having solid seasons for example. I don't see Locker throwing for 4000 yards.

I said before the season started that Washington might end up not only being on the team this year but next as well (some were calling for him to be a CAP casualty, some thought he might be traded). But it is apparent he is one of Locker's favorite WRs, consistently gets open and makes plays. His contract isn't all that bad for a guy who might crack 1000 yards again this season (like he did in 2011).

Even if we lose DWill and Britt next year we can still have a group of WRs that includes Wright, Washington, Hunter and Preston. It is ridiculous how may good WRs we have now compared to the days when we actually signed a washed up Eric Moulds and were excited about it and Gage was our #1 guy.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Nothing "just happens"! There is a reason behind it to why his knee still swells up! What that reason is, idk.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Personally I am starting to believe that we will see Washington and Britt gone and re-sign Damion Williams. He has had a great training camp and is apparently working his tail off. We'll see if it helps on the field if Britt or Washington go down at all.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Exactly.

Dumbest thing that's ever said. Kenny Britt has never been out of shape.

Jeff Fisher said that garbage once and people bought it. While he was still the most ripped WR on the team.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's not surprising. I never hoped he would be put in as RB... Dude is terrible back there

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Well to be fair... In shape and in "football" shape can be entirely two different things.

If talking physically... Psh dude is always cut up.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I understand what's being said, but I don't think being "ripped" necessarily correlates with cardiovascular endurance on the football field. That may have been what Fisher was talking about, I don't know. He can lift weights and stick to a very clean diet, but he still may not be able to run, with endurance, the way an NFL WR should.

Having said that, I don't know that he's ever been out of shape, and don't believe he is currently.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar