Britt stirs the pot one last time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Wide receiver Kenny Britt departed the Titans locker room for what will almost certainly be the last time on Monday, but not before offering up a controversial final comment.

Britt, who was inactive for three of the Titans’ last four games, said he was the victim of a double standard this year, that he was punished more harshly for dropping catchable passes than other receivers on the team.

“If you go back and see film, and look at how they treated me and everyone else throughout the year and at the beginning of the year — the first two games – I could say that (there was a double standard),” Britt said. “But it’s something I really don’t want to speak out there to the world because it doesn’t really matter to me anymore. Right now, I’m just focusing on me and what I need to do next year.”

Does that mean, Britt was asked, if he felt like he didn’t get a fair shake this year?

“I don’t believe (I got a fair shake),” Britt said, “but like I said, I’m not going to talk about it in public.”

According to Pro Football Focus, Britt was targeted 33 times this year and dropped seven passes, a drop rate of 21.2%. In comparison, PFF has Nate Washington dropping four of 101 targeted passes (4 percent drop rate), Kendall Wright dropping eight of 134 targeted passes (6 percent) and rookie Justin Hunter dropping five of 41 targeted passes (12.2%).

Britt was also flagged for six penalties, five more than any other Titans wide receiver.

A 2009 first-round pick, Britt finished this year with 11 catches for 96 yards. He will become a free agent in March.

“I really don’t have any plans of being back,” Britt said. “Mostly I’ll be looking out there and seeing what my options are for me and my family.

“I wanted to be a number one when I was here, and I was for a couple of years. I plan on (becoming a number one) next year.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I thought this was a Titans forum? Who the **** cares what this free agent does?

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lol I think you just did.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Oh, so he found something else to do with pot? He's usually just smoking the pot.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Pot head loser mother****er...get the **** out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

he was done wrong. because we had multiple married players arrested drunk with other women? i dont know why they picked on him.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

What the **** does that have to do with dropping passes and getting penalties? NOOB.

10. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

its called sarcasm d&*k!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar