Britt Placed on PUP List

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think so.

It's rare for even a 1st rnd WR to make a significant contribution in their first season.I'm not too concerned and will see any early return on Britt as a bonus.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Don't mess with a hammy. I think it's typical Fisher-speak to think he'll be anything close to 100% in just a week.

If Dinger gives him a package he can learn, he'll contribute in the second half of the season.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Realistically we're talking about the #3 WR at best for this season... Gage and Washington should get the bulk of the work anyway. Then there's Scaife and Cook looks like he'll get in the mix. No reason at all to rush Britt back as much as we'd all like to see if he's the real thing. The 2nd half of the season would be great.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

TJ = strait baller period.

and i agree shut britt down with a playbook. def right move

as for receiving output from britt i expect good things as with the unit in general. gage, wash, scaife they will hopefully have good years but not stellar or anything. realistically with defenses focused on the run game and gadgets like cook and britt i think they can all (the whole unit) have relatively good years. there will be no mason of the group, just all playing good kerry will distribute well hopefully to facilitate this. think like the steelers, great run, great D, and a smart qb to distribute. no real offensive statistic star just all contributing. thats what i hope for

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If he does that, then Dinger has done Hawk a disservice because he did not grant him that luxury last year.

I moreso see Britt as depth behind Gage or Washington rather than starting at the #3 spot, which right now is probably up for grabs. If Hawk has made any progression from last year, I'd say it may be his for now. Or, in 2TE formations, they may pop Cook from the line out into the slot and use him as an intermittent slot WR.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wasn't expecting anything when they drafted this guy, and now I don't know what to expect. Since these Titans like the name game will Kenny Britt's new nickname be Kenny Brittle?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Going only by memory, Dinger said Hawkins wasn't on the field last season more because he wasn't consistent with his assignments. If Hawkins was in the slot, then he was part of a set package since the Titans only go with that formation in particular instances.

Maybe he was referring to him playing on the outside when Gage or McCareins was hurt but I remember Davis being somewhat in the same boat.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'll just go ahead and not expect anything from Britt this season...just getting ready for next season.

But I agree that this could open a door for Cook, and Hawkins has to be ready to take advantage of this as well.

"At least a week" is the key, but I have a suspicion this is going to get botched somehow. I mean, he just got pup'ed and camp just started. They can't really be expecting Britt to come back all that soon, can they? Hasn't this been ongoing for a while? I dunno, I just get the feeling he's been working out on it and trying to keep up since OTAs started, and now it's bad enough to just shutdown. Let's hope they do take they're time with this, and maybe Britt can contribute "at the right time."

Amani Toomer, your ears are getting warm.

9. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I could see Britt contributing early but I just don't see him stepping in the line up until about the 3rd pre-season game. Just think a 1st round WR talent stepping in at the no. 3 wideout on our roster hes going to be covered mostly by backers and safetys and I wouldn't be surprised if he steps up big in the redzone running routes over the middle. I just don't see many LBs being athletic enough to cover him.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I see the 49er's Manny Lawson as a LB who will keep up with Britt week 9. Which would be when I would expect Britt to catch on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar