Bring on the offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This was the most embarrassing loss I've seen from a Titans team... EVER. It was a total and complete disgrace. It should leave a horrible taste in this team's mouth all offseason. The front office has a lot to re-evaluate. I think we'll see a lot of new faces next season.

It's going to take a lot more than one draft and a couple of free agents to make the Titans a contender again. An 8-8 season looks like a pipe dream right now.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I could take a loss with some heart. This was disgraceful.

The offseason will be busy.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Early in the season, after a few close losses, it seemed like that's all it would take to make us a contender in '06.
    But as the season progressed, it seemed the team chemistry broke down, along with any chance of a respectable season.

Can you blame that on coaching?
    Fisher and company will be on the hotseat to show some real improvement next year, I'm thinking.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

All I wanted was a good defensive showing today. Apparently that was too much to ask for. "What's on the menu today? What's that? A complete and utter breakdown? Excellent."

5. hokie77

hokie77 Camp Fodder

Don't believe Reese is totally safe either.........

He got us in this salary cap mess, and he's expected to get us out starting next season.

6. TitanJeff

I mentioned this before the bye week because I think it's fair to question Fisher when you see the team lacking discipline, concentration and intensity.

If he can't turn it around next year, I think it'll be his last.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

They gave great effort

just you wait Fisher will say that.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

If there was evidence that Fisher and his coaches took this game off purposefully, I'd really really have a problem with that. Screw strategic draft-picking-position BS. Every Sunday, you need to have your team ready as possible as you can to win. I can't think of any player, outside of Troupe and maybe Nash, who looked like they even wanted to go out and get a W. This team looked liked it had been pre-disposed to losing before gametime, like they were told "meh, just do whatever".

I'm discouraged right now. I sincerely hope there are some BIG changes this offseason.

9. TitanJeff

"Discouraged" is the right word.

It's hard to find anything positive to take into the offseason.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Watching this game, I couldnt help but think Bud Adams made the rounds in the locker room before kickoff, shaking hands and saying good luck, then whispering in ears "throw long," "drop passes," "miss extra points." I know thats far fetched, but at least it would explain that sorry (edit) performace out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar