Brian Flores Sues NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by big22tt, Feb 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

I hope he wins and gets a huge payday off of this racist nfl rule. The best man gets the job (in the eyes of the beholder). Flores is another good coach that got used and had his time wasted. He deserves to win the lawsuit and the rule should end. Stop this affirmative action bs, it doesn't work, proof is in the pudding

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I mean, that’s not fair to Mariucci either. How good would you expect a team that drafts nothing but broken WR to do?

Muc did well in SF, even after the Steve young era but hard to say dude was ever a genius.
    I don’t know anyone who doesn’t think Matt Millen is a moron and at least in the conversation for worst GM ever.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

24-25 in 3 years, 2 of which were after the Tom Brady excuse.

Now, as pointed out, maybe he was playing with a deck stacked against him if the ownership was trying to bring him in on the tanking idea. Chances are the owner made other decisions to help the tanking regardless of HC support.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

and there's very few white players outside of linemen/qb

are we gonna rooney rule position players? no, best player gets the job

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

Does the Rooney rule apply to more than African American? Is there a certain percentage of blood line a person has to reach or is it just claim?

I don’t see a whole lot of Asian coaches, players, fans, refs. What about Indian (Asian style, not native style although it also applies)?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Giants are in the lawsuit and they blatantly tanked going to the victory formation three times in the 3rd quarter against the Redskins, but with a white coach. The inference being made in the lawsuit that teams are tanking only during a black coach's reign is ridiculous to me.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Isn't that the argument, though? The bulk of the league is black. The bulk of coaches are former players. Yet we don't have a lot of black coaches. And we are far less likely to promote the ones that do get jobs.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Not true at all.
    The top edge rusher, Watt, is white
    The top TE, Kelce, is white
    The top WR, Kupp, is white
    The top ILB, Dzubnar, is white ;)

There are loads of white edge rushers, wide receivers, TE’s, linebackers, safeties, etc.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's a minority rule.... Washington HC Ron Rivera is Puerto Rican I believe..it applies to all

Edit: Rivera’s mother is from Mexico and his dad is Puerto Rican

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar