Brian Burns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Obviously the Panthers are in total re-build mode and will be looking for a franchise QB in next years draft as Mayfield and Darnold move on to backup roles elsewhere.

So what would you give up to get Brian Burns???

We could certainly use him this yr to replace Landry and imagine next yr having Dupree/Landry/Simmons/Autry and Burns getting after opposing QBs...

After the misses we have had in the 1st rnd of the draft, I wouldn't be opposed to giving up a first to land him.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Burns was in the draft when we got Big Jeff and went just before our pick if I remember correctly. I liked him coming out and I wouldn't mind having him but that may be too many assets at one position. I'd much rather trade for OL or WR ahead of pass rush.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I'm cool with it, liked him coming out of college

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That makes me laugh every time.

However, he actually was really good at FSU.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I did like him :D

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Highly doubt Dupree is back here next season.

But I assume Burns is nowhere on our list of players we'll try to trade for and especially not for a 1st.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Dudes a beast, but next year is his option year so we would likely have to extend him right away, to a big money deal which we can't afford. Don't think it's plausible.

8. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Can he play on the OL?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't know why everyone thinks the Panthers will get rid of great, young inexpensive talent. They're actually a pretty good team on paper. I can see the team making a post-firing run, kind of like the Browns a few years ago. Outside of maybe McCaffrey, I don't see them getting rid of anyone.

Would it be great to get Burns or Moore? Of course. Is it realistic, I don't think so. Maybe Robbie Anderson, but even the idea of the Titans trading for him seems unlikely.

10. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Great player, but the Titans need help on the OL. If they plan on jettisoning Dupree after the season it'd be a good trade to make and I really feel Burns is a lot better player but once again if the Titans are going to make a trade they need a Left Tackle or a Guard before they can even consider juicing up their pass rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar