Brett Kern is an Eagle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Dec 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I honestly think lack of competition really favors Philly.
    Maybe SF can do it. Kind of question the QB situation, it their D is stout.
    Dallas? Maybe, they kind of have that choke element too.
    Minnesota? No one seems to be a true believer there although I think they have a legit shot. Their inconsistencies may cost them.
    Seattle? Maybe but not favored.
    NFC south champ? Not seeing it.

I suppose the other WC could be Detroit, NYG, or Was. I can’t think any would be favored despite the fantastic shoot out with Detroit in week 1-2.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Yes

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I honestly think Niners win it all with a rookie. Thought most complete team all year… hasn’t changed

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Uhh. Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses. Just as easy can say Titans gonna Titans in the playoffs.......

5. Riverman

Real easy to say you'd turn down extra millions of guaranteed money. Seeing it on the table changes a lot.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

Since that’s not how it happened, that’s kind of irrelevant.

Brown was apparently offered $16 mil, plus incentives to reach $20 ish mil (seems questionably reported) and that was sitting on a table in front of him.
    Via his agent or himself, he said I want more. It wasn’t just sitting on the table offered. It’s not like he had 2 stacks of money sitting in front of him, he passed on a very large stack of money to negotiate somewhere else getting overpaid.
    His gamble paid off, but that wasn’t a guarantee.

In order of operations, we don’t know for certain he had an offer in philly until after he was already at their negotiation table, he was traded because he wanted out of Tennessee. Either the money wasnt good enough, which seems to be a larger part of the issue, or he had issue with the team, not used enough, etc.

If anything, I’d say it’s harder for the avg person to walk away from the sure thing stack of money at that value.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Can we please not make this an AJ thread too lol, beyond tiresome at this point. Kern deserves nothing but great things :)

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Titans ain't GETTING to the offs at this rate...

9. Riverman

You know the agent had discussions with Philly regarding AJB's market value and what it would take. AJB didn't fly blind into Philly as you're suggesting. AJB made numerous statements he wanted to stay in TN UNTIL he started receiving what he referred to as "low-ball offers".

I agree I don't care about the AJB situation any more, our best WR went to another team and the GM was fired for that and other bad decisions. But don't act like EVERY person here wouldn't take market pay over a pay cut of 20%.

10. HurrayTitans!

Is that not tampering? He was under contract with Tennessee and not scheduled to even be a FA. I know the league has gotten really lax on the FA market.
    That would also be a strange contact, unless the agent was contacting 31 other teams, unless JRob told his agent that he was possibly getting traded and to who.

And at no point was a pay cut on the table. He was going from a rookie contract to a big contract no matter where he went, including staying put.

Edit: reposted this in the AJ Brown thread. I also don’t want to ruin the Kern appreciation thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar