Brees to be FA ?- McNair's leverage decreases

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Nash, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nash

Nash Starter

ESPN radio reports the Chargers will NOT franchise tag or transition tag Drew Brees, so if he does not sign a contract by March 3, he's a free agent... McNair's bargaining position just went down some...couple that with Brunell and Kitna, there will be some options for us if he retires or decides to leave...

I could see Brees in Miami, Detroit, Baltimore, possibly Dallas..

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Wow, nice. I have a feeling he will cash in huge though, which could be trouble considering his surgery...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Kitna is opening a church or something in TN isnt he?

4. Dallas are comfortable with Drew Beldsoe as are Baltimore with Boller. I see Brees going to Detroit where the QB position is really unsettled however he will cash in huge

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldnt mind Brees.

6. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

I am anxious so see how Brees comes back following his shoulder injury. At the time it happened, it was reported that he would not be able to throw for at least six months.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Brees isnt going to sign with someone to mentor another young QB. Unless we decide to pass on Vince Young, thats not gonna happen.

Also, it looks like Pennington will be on the FA market too, though I dont see people beating down his door to sign him.

8. I'm not sure the Jets can afford the cap hit of releasing Pennington.

9. maximus

maximus Starter

The Jets will be screwed up for the next couple of years because they are cap strapped and they have no QB.
    Magini definitely has his hands full

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

McNair will remain a Titan we just have to give it time and trust Floyd to get his job done. But I agree we can scare McNair into signing with us b/c of all of the competition on the open market. And also does he really want to sign with someone else and end up like Eddie. Let's hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar