Breakpoint - I'm done.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I didn't even try to read it. :ha:

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That might be true for you personally, but that certainly isn't true from a general perspective. There are plenty of people who drop money on PSLs who are pretty average fans. On the opposite end, there are plenty of people in this city who can't afford a ticket to a single game, much less PSLs, who care every bit as much as the people sitting in the stadium. Economic status has nothing to do with how much a loss stings or how happy a win makes someone if you are speaking generally. Again, not talking about you personally, and I hope you meant that statement to specifically talking about you and how much you spend on the team, because if not, then that is a really smug thing to say.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I feel lucky to have an NFL team in the same city I live in. Back when I volunteered with the "Yes for Nashville" group in trying to get the Oilers to move here from Houston, fans had to pay a deposit on PSL's. They had to collect (I want to say 25k) deposits before the team would even consider moving here. If they did, then our deposits would be applied to our PSL cost. If they couldn't get the number of deposits required, then it would be refunded to us.

My son was 3 years old (he's now in college) when I wrote a check for around $300 (that I didn't have) for a deposit on 2 PSL's. I wanted to put a deposit on 3 PSL's, but could only muster up enough for 2. As Dave Ramsey says we ate "beans and rice, rice and beans" for a while, but my deposit was made. Priorities were in tact LOL

The moral to my story is that I've experienced many frustrating times, games and seasons as a fan of this team. But being a fan is a hobby of mine and one that I enjoy. There are times that I have to deal with unruly fans either from opposing teams or Titan fans in the stands and I wonder why I pay to sit through that, but all in all, it's a fun hobby for me. Some people spend money on fixing up old cars, or some other hobby that they enjoy, for me it's been being a fan of the Tennessee Titans. I'll try to enjoy this hobby as long as I am fortunate enough to have the team here in Nashville, frustrations and all.

• High Five High Five x 7
  4. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

sorry ravensshallburn...i was at work and got distracted a few times...next time I will make it easier to read. Like most of you, have a lot on my mind about our team, and just started again where I left off.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

vince young is the qb

how can you not expect to lose?

6. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

TitanJeff

That sounds more like an obsession/addiction than a hobby. I hope the Titans have paid you back, well.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

8. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

Dude you've had some pretty good yrs of football. That alone is worth the price of admission. I kinda look at football like fishing,you dont catchem all the time,you spend a load of money on equipment. And if you did catchem all the time it wouldnt be any fun. It's the whole experience! Just being on the water,just being at the game. The anticipation. The prep time is even enjoyable.
    Be glad your not a Raiders fan or a Rams fan...or a Texans fan...like me.
    You already have some pretty good wall mounts, just not that 10 plus pounder.
    It'll come ....someday.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I didn't read all of it but if you were suggesting that VY was merely a scapegoat for Fisher's failures against a 3-4, that warrants a high five.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No worries.

But, yes... paragraphs would be nice next time. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar