Breakpoint - I'm done.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I blame it on the cheerleaders. They look great and move well but are over dressed in my opinion. If they just wear fewer clothes maybe the Titans would win and if they don't it would still be easier to deal with.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No insults intended, but how is 2-2 with two one touchdown losses more hopeless than last year when we went 0-6 and lost 59-0 at one point? I see just about as much griping on the board as last year.

Why give up at week 4 when we are a win or two away from taking over the division? I have not seen such malice over a 2-2 start in my life. I bet the Colts fans are ripping each others' heads off at this point.

And I can't blame you for wanting to dump PSLs though. I wouldn't get them unless I got a steal on them. Roping you out of appx. 240 bucks per seat for the preseason? I'll pass on that.

3. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

It's not the 2-2 though....that's the thing. Now granted, winning covers a multitude of sins in the NFL but Titans fans have been experiencing these types of defeats for years now. Titans get a lead, go conservative and it comes back to bite them. It happens far too often. We win a good number of those games too, but it just seems that there is a better way where those close wins could be bigger wins and those close losses could be close wins at least.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with this part of your post. We are a good team that seems as capable as almost any other team in the NFL. As much as yesterday sucked, I'm not really down on the season at all. Particularly our playoff chances, really the division seems winnable this year.

After 4 weeks, who thought the only unbeaten team would be the Chiefs?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

"He just wins games!"

It's funny we have two of those in the organisation, yet we seem to lose a lot of winnable games...

So our amazing gameplan is derailed by simply having two screwups... do you realise that no team ever play a perfect game?

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I see the same thing, but then I see a coaching staff that put's the leash on them as soon as we're ahead, effectively killing the fire and passion.
    THAT is what I'm upset about, but maybe you have to have been in that position as player to know how awful it feels, I don't know...

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 3gtitan

3gtitan returning video tapes

I think frustrating is the key word for everyone on this reply.
    First and foremost, I think everyone on this forum is truly a titan fan, and will stick with this team both in good and bad times. For me, I am very frustrated for a lot of what most of you have said...Fisher being on the top of this list. Play calling, fisherball, unwillingness to change his ways, we all know what I am saying. But it is so much more than this...I have had 3 Bronco fans come up to me today laughing and saying " I cant believe we beat you guys". I rather lose 59-0 to new England than they way we lost yesterday. When we are a better team, at home, ahead most of the game, this absolutely kills me. Frustrating with regular season games and post season games..either way it sucks. This franchise has 0 super bowl wins....0. We have been the best team ( i believe) many years in the history of this league and have nothing to show for it. That is why I am frustrated and I think most everyone is that has agreed with this post. Losing to Baltimore 2 years ago at home, back in 2000 with Eddie and Steve against Ray, our super bowl loss, the largest comeback in the history of the NFL against the bills, losing to Joe Montana and the Chiefs when Buddy Ryan was the D coordinator when we won 11 in a row and even the "drive 2" against Elway back when Warren Moon was here. We have lost in so many ways. We cant give games away!!! We have given away 2 wins this year and we are at week 5???? When we are a better team, why cant we finish teams?? We dont coach for 60 minutes!!! We play our hearts out, and our guys have gave their all....are guys are active and nasty...Fisher and Co slapped them in the face yesterday with that play calling in the last 2 minutes of the game with a do it again boys pep talk. We have a great team...whether you want to admit it or not. We COULD have the best running game in the NFL if we trusted VInce to throw. If Vince was trusted and actually was able to throw on any of our 3 downs we COULD be so much more productive. 3-4 defense or not....yesterday was a 3-4 defense, what happened?? VInce was fine. If Vince isnt trusted, then MAKE him trustworthy coaches....throw more in practice, stay late with film, something....he has been here plenty of time to understand schemes and check downs. If he isnt our quarterback....then draft or trade for someone else....CJ isnt going to be a stud forever....he is only 1 of 6 players in the history of the league to accomplish something and we are asking him to be Eddie George. This man is lightening in a bottle and we are trying to pound 3 straight runs with him for 10 yds??? Unfortunately for me, I take these games to heart, a very very competitive person and I dont like losing to inferior talent. Like many of you have said, I will never turn my back on my team, but expectations are slowing dying from being a "this year" guy...it has all to do with our general OFF the field. If Coach Fisher doesnt trust our general ON THE FIELD to make plays, then we are going to continue to win some games, pound teams every once in a while, but then lose eventually to a team that has a coach willing to play to his strengths and be the guy that tries something else when things arent going his way. I will always say go titans, but until fisher realizes this, we wont ever hold up the lombardi.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

You keep saying that over and over and you continuously spout stats yet you ignore the most important stat of Jeff's career.

He's had 16 seasons as head coach and only 6 of them were winning seasons.
    those stats PROVE he F&^%ing sucks!

I would ask you to explain that but what you'll do instead is give us the excuses. You're excuse rablings are begining to sound familliar too. Is that you Jeff?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sure my dad has put in more than that as well since we've had PSLs since '98.

I hate to see good fans give up and move on. I'm afraid this is going to become a pattern here really soon.

If I had been paying all along, I may consider putting an end to it, but as long as I can afford it (even if it means I'll be broke), I'll always own PSLs.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

GEEEEEZ.

Paragraphs, please.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar