Breakpoint - I'm done.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Out of touch has to do with what works in today's NFL.

Not about style points. It's about what has the higher percentage of winning in the NFL today. If we were 4-0 I'd be ecstatic. Anyways, it's called adjusting to your opponent. Yesterday Fisher played the style he is known for late in tight games, and played that style despite evidence that it was not working. CJ had what....50 yards on 19 carries? The run game was NOT WORKING.

If we continue with these game plans and the run game dramatically improves, then fine, we may be ok. But the problem is when we try and force the issue like we did today. We need to be able to adjust on any given Sunday.

2. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

interesting logic you've shown in these threads...
    according to you, if we win its all on fisher, if we lose its because either the players failed to execute his perfect game plan or he didnt cheerlead them enuff? am i gettin that right? its only his fault if the players arent motivated enuff.....
    richard simmons could be a hall o fame head coach!!!!!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

RollTide is a mess. She needs to relax a day before posting.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

We never should have been in a position to let those plays decide the game. We sat on a 4 point lead for an entire quarter and got burned. You're missing the point.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I agree with you in regards to the gameday experience. Tailgating is the best part of the day, if you ask me. I'd have no problem tailgaiting then going somewhere to watch the game comfortably being able to drink as many cheap beers and cursing and swearing as loud as I want and not having some meatball tell me to tone it down because he brought his 7 year old. Isn't there a family zone? Shouldn't there be a family zone?

I get it.. You wanna take your kids to a game and to a kid, its an awesome experience. I remember it... But I heard F this, F that and my parents explained to me that even though other people say that, it's not acceptable because it makes you sound unintelligent and that you will have to deal with idiots your entire life. Freedom of Speech!? Yeah, unless you say "F Jeff Fisher" out of frustration.

I heard the F bombs all the time when I was 7 years old and I don't think it changed me or made me a worse off person nor did I go around dropping F bombs at school or anything like that.

I dont have kids and my opinion may change when I do have kids someday but I agree with you that the stadium experience is overrated. I do want to add that even though this is my team and I grew up following this team even when they were the oilers... I dont get emotionally attached to this silliness. Its mere entertainment and fans wear their emotions on their sleaves. I try not too.

Couple that with massive amount of binge drinking before the game because people dont wanna buy $7 beers and its a good chance of you hearing someone swear or act obscene.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The chicken backed into the playoffs and laid an egg both times.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We are running a gameplan on offence that started in 94.

When Fisher had McNair,George ,Wycheck,Mason and a good O line we were a dominant football team and a joy to watch.

Fisher has been running the same style ever since regardless of whether we have the players that suit that scheme.

We have not adapted.

I enjoyed the first quarter against the Broncos. We clearly had a plan specific for the Broncos.

In the second half we went away from it and became conservative on both offence and defence as soon as we had a small lead.

I don't need to explain this to you. You watch the same games as I do. We are a one trick pony and evedryone knows what we're going to do. There was a time when they still couldn't stop us. Now most teams can.

The second half is always the worst. That's when our opponents make adjustments and we then revert to our predictable 3 and out play calling.

I will never not be a Titans fan. I've followed this franchise for 23 years but man Jeff Fisher is done.

Outcoached by Josh McDaniel. It doesn't get much lower than that.

I hope we lose 12 straight just so Fisher is gone. Yeah I said it.

We have a lot of young talent on this team just begging to win. I don't want to see any more of them waste a career behind Jeff Fisher like Keith Bulluck did.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As has been already posted, Fisher made a whole list of excuses for the loss. He seems to have thought that 2nd and 25 was a perfectly normal place to be, then actually blames a gust of wind. It's almost like he's trying to relive the MCM over and over and over again... that the game is supposed to be won in the last seconds.

Regardless of whether you agree with that assessment or not, the excuses are numerous:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...e-Quotes/45a8a82e-117f-4bc0-b829-a2f1c6f4d292

This one is maddening:

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

A lot of good points. I really appreciate the honest and genuine responses. :applause:

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The fisher gameplan leaves no margin for error. That's the problem. He assumes to win the game, you need to play perfect. This is the NFL and asking your team to play flawless isn't feasible because its not going to happen. Our 2 wins this season are due to teams beating themselves and our two losses are due to us beating ourselves. I think fisherball is a decent strategy that needs to be fine tuned. I also think we need better receivers because number 10 has a cannon and is severely limited because we have 3 number 3 recievers on the field. The nate washington experiment is a bust. Gage is a 40 catch guy and Britt has glimpes of greatness once or twice a season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar