Breaking down the '08 roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think it's safe to look at the way we used FBs the last time Dinger was here. Lo Neal was in on about a third of the offensive snaps, maybe 40%, so they will definitely use a FB. Plus, I think Hall fits Dinger's scheme (Denver's scheme) because he's a better receiver than Neal ever was.

They probably need to have someone who can be a backup FB in case Hall gets hurt again, but I don't think that's Cramer. Maybe Stevens can be a lead blocker, but that remains to be seen. I think the more likely scenario is that Chris Henry can fill that backup FB role (if necessary). He has done it before (not that he was necessarily great at it). He's certainly big enough. And he can catch the ball well enough.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I bet Bo Scaife would be Hall's backup. Remember, he played FB about half the time a few years ago when Fleming sucked.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

But that was before he was contributing much at the te postion.

4. Scaife isn't a very good blocker either.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd much rather have B. Jones than Ealy, Davis, or even Paul Williams. Jones has shown some really good things when he wasn't injured. This should be the year that he's finally recovered from knee surgery. Unless he's not able to come back from that injury at full speed, I see no reason why he wouldn't be capable of some great production.

I don't think we'll have much of a #1 WR this year. But I could see us having three (Gage, Roydell, and Jones) with equal production.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Of our 9 Wrs 7 will make the team and one will make the practice squad. Mike williams is the most likely cut and p williams the likey guy on the PS. We will also have one of our UFA make the PS as well. I do think hawkins is a default roster spot.

One of the issues will be who is most effective in the slot in 3 Wr sets. Mcceirens certainly did well in that role when dinger was last here. Davis was drafted for that role and could develop into a bobby wade caliber slot guy. I don't think brandon jones feels comfortable there and ealy is more of an outside guy.

Our best scenario might be for brandon jones to have a great camp and take a starting outside WR spot and roydell becomes the #3.

Of course the Wrs will be less important this year when we line up in 2 TE sets and try to move johnson around.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But he's a backup now. I doubt we'll have 2TEs and a fullback really often in the new offense, but who knows. And if we had to, heck, we have 4 TEs

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

people are talking about how much mike williams has improved, so i wouldn't say he's cut immediately. we'll have to wait for camp. i agree that mccareins is going to be put in the slot. brandon jones will most likely become our number 3 guy (if he has a good camp).

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Paul Williams will be a lot better this year.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

People talk about a lot of things. Williams is a long shot until he actually shows some things. Even then, he's going to have to do a lot to make the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar