Break Out Year For Lendale And Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :yes: I think this is going to be great running back tandem this year.Henry has not only resurrected his career but the titans running game as well.This past year reminded me alot of the old titans where we were a smashmouth running team and every team new we were running and still couldn't stop us.Last year there were numerous questions going into the offseason and training camp as to how the titans were going to function with three running backs and how the carries were going to be distributed.The titans never got the runninng game going because none of the three got into a rhythm earlier in the season and no one really established themselves as the premier back.Once Henry took the reins things started to fall into place.Now that Brown is hittin FA, Henry and Lendale both know that there going to be the workhorses.Henry will be running like a man on a mission trying to live up to the new contract hes going to sign and Lendale wants to prove that hes going to be the future Rb of Tennesee. Lendale's off-season was similiar to "pacman's" where he missed most of training camp not cause of contract reasons but because he was injured and has issues with teammates.With a an off-season program and him healthy throughout training camp i fully expect him to come out like animal and run wild this season.We all saw what a full off season program and being in training camp can do to a rookie player,just look at"Pacman".

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If Lendale Doesnt come out big, I will be destroyed, I think Lendale is a beast, a top 5 back kinda guy, I really hope he pulls through

3. LenDale won't get a lot of carries if Henry gets a new contract.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Have faith in LenBudda.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Our run game is going to be nasty this upcoming year. I believe LenDale will have a break out year aswell. If Henry and LenDale can split carries; with Henry getting a little more in the beginning, our run game, in addition to Vince Young's running, would be unreal.

We should sign a decent receiver like Stallworth or another decent receiver, and maybe even draft one, like Jarrett. Our offense would be sick.

Draft a DE in the 2nd. Sign a CB, Clements or Bly. Sign or draft a S. And our D would be much improved.

6. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I agree 100%

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so true

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

LenDale better do something amazing at camp or in the preseason cuz the way I see it Henry will get most if not all the carries next season...

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

If Henry gets a contract he will become our premier back but I think Lendale will still get plenty of carries to earn that spot if he proves good enough...

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The parallels between Jones' and White's rookie season are crazy, aren't they? Seems they went through about the same thing. Both were just juniors when they came out. Pac matured as he got older, and I expect LenDale to do the same. I think we are in for a treat. Something like KC in 03/04, when they had both Johnson and Holmes running so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar