Braylon Edwards expected to play vs. Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Braylon Edwards is back with the Jets, and he’s expected to be cleared for takeoff on Monday night against the Titans.

In a conference call with Nashville reporters on Thursday, Jets Coach Rex Ryan said Edwards has passed his physical and he’ll practice this week.

The veteran receiver was awarded to the Jets off waivers from Seattle on Tuesday.

“I’m optimistic he’ll play on Monday,’’ Ryan said of Edwards.

Edwards, who helped the Jets reach the playoffs in 2009 and 2010, was released Monday from the Seahawks’ injury-reserve. He had just eight catches for 74 yards and a touchdown in 10 games after signing a one-year deal in July. A year ago, Edwards played in San Francisco.

The Jets opted not to bring Edwards back after the 2010 season because of questions about an injured knee. Ryan said he hopes Edwards can provide a boost for this year’s team.

“I’ve always liked Braylon, and Braylon always did a nice job here the two years he was here,’’ Ryan said. “I have a lot of confidence in him. I think Mark (Sanchez) has a lot of confidence in Braylon. So you are not bringing in a guy who is brand-new to your organization. He knows the way we operate here, and he is familiar with the quarterback. The offense obviously is different with different terminology, but Braylon is a sharp young man and we think he’ll pick it up.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My guess is he wont be a factor.

Well I take that back, anyone can be a factor when Michael Griffin is covering them, or not covering, or doing what ever it is he does out there.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Time to make Sanchez look like an MVP candidate for a day.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He'll probably get 1000 yards & 72 TDs, all he has to do is run towards Griffin.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

That is not all he has to do. He does have to catch the ball first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar