Brandon Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Something makes me think Jones will break out this year, because no one is expecting it anymore.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

If he can become more consistant (which Heimerdinger will force him to be), he will be a solid reciever. I've always said he has potential, and is definately better than Paul Williams or Kris Davis. If he can just concentrate on his routes more and get more chemistry with Vince, he will shine on our team.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

I don't recall his hands being a problem in 2005 or 2006. Are you suggesting that he simply forgot how to catch?

The guy had one bad drop against the Colts. He also had some very nice catches in that game, and a spectacular TD against the Saints the following week.....but all anyone remembers is that one drop against the Colts.

He injured his knee on a vicious hit early in the Atlanta game, and missed a few weeks. Once he came back, he really never looked comfortable, and struggled with inconsistency for a couple weeks before finally going down for the season.

Maybe everyone else is more than happy to crucify a player who struggles to come back from a knee injury; personally, I try to be a bit more realistic, and avoid writing a guy off after one bad year.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Theres no question Dinger has a proven track record with developing very good WR's. I think we can expect a WR from the group other than Gage to breakout. Plus we all know a WR will be adressed early in the Draft to give Dinger another young guy to develop. I'm excited to see where our offense will go this season. I'm hoping somewhere in the middle at the least would be a good stepping stone.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

True dat. It's really good that Dinger is back. Like a previous poster said, he's turned average WR's into superstars. I'm expecting Roydell Williams and Gage to have break out years. Throw a rookie in the mix, and we're looking at a decent WR corps.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's easy to blame Chow's scheme but in Young's four games where he passed for over 200 yards (1056 total passing yards), Jones had a TOTAL of 76 yards receiving and didn't get a reception in two of those games.

Gage emerged as the #1 during that time and Roydell Williams simply outplayed Jones.

Maybe there were some injury issues but it didn't appear to me Jones got the separation he did in '06. I don't blame Chow for that when other WRs were being much more productive in the same scheme.

7. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

he's a good receiver, we just need to NEVER put him at punt returner again.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and his terrible game against the broncos....

after that, he didn't play much because he was getting outplayed.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I really love how you guys list his hands as his worst attribute....he only had 2 drops this past year, sure they were in key plays, but it is still only 2 drops.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Honestly, I think Gage, Williams, and Jones are all going to be fine this year. We're not going to have a superstar WR with our style and our QB. Sorry. Jones should improve enough this year, and I expect a balanced air attack between those three WR. I'd bet all three will get over 500 yards, and two of them should break 750 this year. (barring injury)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar