Brandon Jones no longer a 49er

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I liked Brandon Jones, he seemed to have had real potential. BUT now we have no space to sign him. So no. If he was still the same player as in 2006 then I'd like to see something happen with him.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take him back. He's better than Edison.

Britt
    Washington
    Gage
    Jones
    Williams
    Hawkins

That's a decent WR core.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

don't take him back. we didn't resign him for a reason

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

With this offense, having over 4 WRs is overkill, considering we never throw to them, and at most we'll have 3 on the field at a time.

I have no clue why you would want to come here if you are a receiver.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

no no no no nnnnoooooooo!!!!!!!!

For goodness sake play the young talent we have over an average experienced nobody.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I hope Brandon Jones lands somewhere, but not here. We let him go for a reason. I'd like to think we are improving our receiving core not taking a step back. Mason is the only receiver we've cut that I'd want back. I hate seeing him in purple.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i wanna see more of that new kid that lit it up last week.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Of course he's better than Edison, but he's better than a #4 receiver. It simply cannot happen.

You can't drop Williams and Hawkins that low either.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

What the heck makes him better than Edision or any other WRS on our roster who will stick? The guy is a bum. He stunk on punt returns last year and had one catch all year. He isn't even worth the vet minimum.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Brandon Jones: 113 catches, 1398 yards, 9 TDs
    Dominique Edison: 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs

That's what makes him better. When Edison actually does something you can make an argument that he's better... which, even then, it would take a couple of decent seasons from him to logically be able to win that argument.

I never said he was better than any of our receivers besides Edison. He's probably not. Although the verdict is still out on Hawkins and Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar