Rumor Brandon Graham to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I bet you we don't sign anyone on Day 1

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That would be incredibly disappointing and a sign of complete ineptitude on our part IMO... because when you have $40+ mil to spend and you're required to spend $25-30mil of it, you better get on it quick.

I actually had realistic hopes for certain players for us to sign. I believe five of them are already gone... I probably have another 10-12 players in mind that would be good for us. Surely we'll end up with a couple of them.

People will point to the Seahawks waiting around for guys like Avril and Bennett... Okay, well they were a contending team. They had that luxury. We don't.

We have to be more aggressive and go after guys early to even have a shot at bringing them here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends. We could go all out for x player but if they don't want to sign with us, we can't make them. We're not a good team and not desirable at all to most people.
    I wouldn't blame the FO for that.

If we're just sitting on our hands and doing nothing. Then yeah.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We can make them if we do a better job... Offer more money. That's the name of the game.

We have no income tax, and all these athletes seem to love the middle TN area (Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, etc). It's a desirable place for many to live.

There's more to it than just having to play for a sh*tty team. You've gotta sell the city. And that's much easier than selling the team.

Where would you rather live? Detroit or Nashville? (Especially if we're offering more money)... This had to have been a big reason why Whiz chose us (unfortunately).

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Carp

Carp Starter

Yes I realize that. It's just an expression. I realize that we couldn't literally sign to them to a deal til Tuesday. Guess I should have said "Agree to terms." But the point remains, if the Titans were offering the most money, these players would be Titans.

\

6. Carp

Carp Starter

I doubt this is the case. Otherwise the Bills would never, ever get free agents to sign with them. They are always awful and the city of Buffalo is definitely not a more desirable city to live in.

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

If we went out and signed every big free agent. Everyone busts and consumes a large amount of cap. Everyone would moan and groan anyways. People are never happy.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I dunno, is he really that good? I know he didn't do much for his first couple of years, but I haven't paid much attention to him lately. Is he worth signing, assuming he'd be starting?

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed, but I think people want to see signings so that naturally it fills holes and shows that they want to win, but also to see what direction they will go in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar